• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Themed Discgolf Tournament

Discgolfdummy

The MVP Fanatic Frenzy ----- near Columbus, Ohio

a DiscGolf tournament with the MVP fan in mind!
The first round is normal
Second round only MVP discs are allowed....not to worry...with registration fees you will receive the MVP/Axiom disc of your choice in the plastic of your choice. plus your choice of an MVP Nano in either Neutron, Proton or Eclipse plastic. If you are a true MVP fan you might have a bag full MVP plastic ready for the second round...if not you can use the disc you chose for a challenging one disc round.

1st place winner: DiscGolf bag with 7 new MVP/Axiom discs
CTP (closest to the pin) - winner will receive a new travel DiscGolf Basket
Gift certificates
(Prizes will be added if max entries are reached)

In the *Notes box indicate (plastic, model) (nano)
For example: (neutron, volt) (proton nano)

Check-in: 8:30-9:30am
Players Meeting: 9:30-9:45
Tee Off: 10:00am

90 Spots wont last long so register now! Paypal fees will apply

http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/MVP_Fanatic_Frenzy_2014

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 64
I am going to this! :thmbup:

w00t w00t

edit: Any recommendations as to what disc I should choose for this? I currently have a Tangent and an Ion so I was thinking of a driver, possibly a Servo. Yay, nay? Haven't thrown any other MVP besides my two discs.

^maybe a volt? The second round is any and all MVP discs. Also.... their new drivers will be out by then so you will have 4 more choices.

Seems to me like there should be a limit on the # of discs used in the second round. Maybe something like setting the maximum to two more than the # used by the person with the least discs...

Edit: Then again, I'm sure MikeC could just come dominate with an Ion ;)

Big sky the reason no divisions is because with a MVP only round it lends itself to more of a unsantioned feel...plus I would like to see more diversity in skill levels playing together...instead of the separation you often see in a lot of tournaments...we hope to have a lot of prizes as well as a lot of different ways to win prizes

^^ Good explanation. I like the idea, I was just wondering. And multiple prizes will be a good draw for those who can't compete with the Mike C's.

We hope MikeC will show! But the course is very challenging...you have to be familiar with the right lines to pull off a great shot...so it is anyone's game....a practice round the day before might make all the difference :)

^maybe a volt? The second round is any and all MVP discs. Also.... their new drivers will be out by then so you will have 4 more choices.
Well I don't really need another distance driver and Simsbury definitely doesn't need distance drivers :) so I was thinking something along the lines of a controllable fairway. I think the Volt might be a little bit long for what I'm considering... I dunno, I just kind of wanted to try a Servo. Switch looks promising, too.
We hope MikeC will show! But the course is very challenging...you have to be familiar with the right lines to pull off a great shot...so it is anyone's game....a practice round the day before might make all the difference :)
I must say I rather like Simsbury and it's a very nice course with lots of different shots. Although the rough does get extremely overgrown I hope it's not too bad for this tourney!

Since there are no divisions will we be throwing from the Am or Pro tees? I am all excited for this event now I can't wait until the snow thaws!!

That seems like a fun idea, but I wonder why the tourney would provide an MVP/Axiom disc and also allow other MVP discs to be used. That seems like it would give a massive advantage to those who already bag MVP. I know I would be extremely apprehensive to enter, since I would have only one disc to throw versus someone with potentially a full bag. Where's the incentive?

It's kind of a catch 22 because with this being in Ohio and all MVP'd out you think Mike has gottttta win it but then again does he really need the prize? :p

Last edited:
That seems like a fun idea, but I wonder why the tourney would provide an MVP/Axiom disc and also allow other MVP discs to be used. That seems like it would give a massive advantage to those who already bag MVP. I know I would be extremely apprehensive to enter, since I would have only one disc to throw versus someone with potentially a full bag. Where's the incentive?

I'd just look at it as a fun, semi competitive way to pick up some MVP stuff (disc and mini) and maybe win more prizes.

Sounds like a good idea to get people to try a new company they haven't given a chance. I think it would level the playing field if they made a two disc maximum for the second round. The poor guys who just picked up a fairway or the new DD might not have the best experience.

This is a cool idea. I was just thinking today about how I want to do something like this locally. Need to talk to the local club and see if there would be any interest. This is largely Innova country, though, so it might be tough.