• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

Ordered from discgolfcenter on Thursday, shipped Friday. Was hoping I'd get it today, no dice. C'mon Vector!!!!

Mine were here yesterday from CDGS, ordered Friday.

Field test today, woot!

got my light green one from DGC today. haven't thrown it yet, but the dome on it resembles the dome on a cryztal buzzz. pretty flat once you get past the shoulder height.

can't wait to take this bad boy to the course and let it rip.

As soon as I get some more cotton balls the stamps are coming off. The stamps on both the discs I got didn't seem to be very deep at all, I'm thinking they won't be too bad, just maybe just the find lines

Now that I've been throwing the Vector for a little while I can append my original impressions a bit. The Vector is OVERSTABLE. As I've gotten more comfortable with the release the disc is flying more and more overstable. I tried to squeeze some more versatility out of it, but it's a no go until I get one broken in considerably. For the popular Hornet comparison, the Vector is slower, more overstable, has more glide, and a similar range as the 176/177 flattish Z Hornets I was throwing. The two Vectors I'm throwing are a good deal more overstable than any Buzzz.

Since I haven't carried an overstable mid for majority of my DG career, it's hard to compare the Vector to anything else. I can say that it is the only overstable mid besides the Hornet and the Sanny Qsentinel that I feel goes well with the Buzzz. Anything else is just too slow and clunky (Roc, Wasp). The one 176g GL Pain I threw was less HSS and LSS than the Vector.

My mids are now:
177 GL Fuse (FR, but why doesn't Lat do FR stamps?)
176 2FR Buzzz
177 FR Vector

I tried going without the Buzzz, but it left a huge hole in my game. I've also lost any hope of these breaking in. They are breaking in slower than any disc I've ever thrown (probably has something to do with the no flashing bead design). Maybe I'll have a minimalistic Vector setup by the time I'm eligible for the Masters division(i'm 32...;))

^^^

disc your explanation just reinforces the idea that they'll release one sans bead. Sounds like it would be a very nice combo to have the beaded vector and the non bead one to be the perfect understable compliment. I look forward to both now.

i wonder if the bead is needed to hold the overmold in place. the ion has a bead, and so does the vector, and they both appear to have the bead to strengthen the connection between the two different molds.

The bottom of the core (which is expressed as a small bead in the Ion and a big bead in the Vector) could flow seamlessly into the wing such that it would not actually function as or feel like a bead.

When I asked Chad about releasing a beadless Vector he said that they would not do that...Rather they would design their neutral flying disc from scratch rather than modifying a current mold. It sounded like it was something in the works. I have a feeling MVP is going to be busy for a while, and that Chad is already working on things that none of us have any idea of.

I can't wait for all these secrets of theirs to be revealed! It'll be like christmas!

I do have to say that the vector is a little more overstable than expected, but ill manage.

Ordered from discgolfcenter on Thursday, shipped Friday. Was hoping I'd get it today, no dice. C'mon Vector!!!!

I'm in the same boat. Mine shipped out on 3/4. Still waiting. I'm not used to this as I usually order from Marshall Street which is super quick. Is this normal shipping speed for DGC? I guess you get what you pay for (free shipping).

Got my vectors in today! They are sexy. Feel and look great. Both are 175, one orange and one green. Kinda was hoping for a clear one so I could dye it myself. Can't wait to throw these thursday, if I love 'em like i am anticipating (from the feel and everyone's desciptions) I will order some more. Gotta love new frisbees! Got the river, core, and fuse with my vector's. Its gonna be one heck of a new disc throwing day!

I got my order from sunking in 3 business days. and my friend ordered a yeti from DGC and got it in 4.
All free shipping so that has nothing to do with it.

Legitimate question. Being the disc whore that I am, I picked up two Vectors, both 177g, one green and one orange/red. I purchased them to experiment in my overstable mid spot. Everything else in my bag is set. Currently I am using the Z Drone and have been for two years, so most likely that is what I am going to stick with.

The problem with using my Drone is that it has some overlap with the Zone which I am not going to remove from the bag because I need an overstable putter. I have already invested heavily in my Buzzzes so I do not want to remove them from the bag. If I could dial back a pinch of stability from the Drone, giving it just a touch more of forward momentum that would be perfect, making it more ideal for driving duties as well, not just getting out of trouble with a hard fade. However, I want to keep it in premium plastic so it can take the punishment that only I am capable of giving it.

Most recently I have tried the Hornet (ESP Ace Race) and it did not feel right coming out of my hand for reasons I cannot explain. I fondled a Pain today and its semi-beaded edge felt sharp and uncomfortable. I do have a nice stable 180g Star San Marino Roc I used almost exclusively last year, but that still has too much overlap with the Buzzz I am using this year.

Basically, what I am asking is, is the Vector a reliable stable mid, almost overstable, not flippy, but not a meathook either?

The tournament I am playing in Sunday rarely requires the usage of my Drone, so I have temporarily swapped in the Vector so it can have a legitimate try.

From the throws I've had with it in a field, it's definitely overstable, it's fade is definitely forward fade. I haven't thrown a drone, so I can't compare it to that.

Legitimate question. Being the disc whore that I am, I picked up two Vectors, both 177g, one green and one orange/red. I purchased them to experiment in my overstable mid spot. Everything else in my bag is set. Currently I am using the Z Drone and have been for two years, so most likely that is what I am going to stick with.

The problem with using my Drone is that it has some overlap with the Zone which I am not going to remove from the bag because I need an overstable putter. I have already invested heavily in my Buzzzes so I do not want to remove them from the bag. If I could dial back a pinch of stability from the Drone, giving it just a touch more of forward momentum that would be perfect, making it more ideal for driving duties as well, not just getting out of trouble with a hard fade. However, I want to keep it in premium plastic so it can take the punishment that only I am capable of giving it.

The Vector is exactly what you are desiring here. It pairs perfect with the Buzzz in terms of speed, glide, feel, and overstability. I also find there to be very little overlap, however I primarily use a broken-in Buzzz. There would be a little overlap between a brand new Buzzz and the Vector. It is a little less overstable and further flying than the Drone. It also fades more forward, yet still has a very predictable fade. Lastly, I've already tried to beat some stability out of mine, but it has not worked at all.

Most recently I have tried the Hornet (ESP Ace Race) and it did not feel right coming out of my hand for reasons I cannot explain. I fondled a Pain today and its semi-beaded edge felt sharp and uncomfortable. I do have a nice stable 180g Star San Marino Roc I used almost exclusively last year, but that still has too much overlap with the Buzzz I am using this year.

I too threw the Hornet. I liked it, but I also found it weird out of the hand, mostly because it is really fast for a mid. I ended up having to throw it like a driver to make it work right rather than just snapping it and depending on the glide like I can with the mids I throw (Buzzz, Fuse, and now the Vector). The bead on the Vector is buttery smooth because MVP moved the flashing/parting line up the front side of the bead so that it is not in contact with your skin at all.

Basically, what I am asking is, is the Vector a reliable stable mid, almost overstable, not flippy, but not a meathook either?

Why yes, yes it is. Meathook is a matter of opinion. I've primarily used neutral to understable mids, so the Vector feels quite overstable to me, but compared to Drone/Gator/etc it is only mildly overstable.

Latest posts