• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

I want a Vector.
I don't want to replace my Drone tho...
Either way, I will get a Vector. Or two. Or three.

You wouldn't necessarily have to. You could learn to throw the Vector on the shots you use your Drone for fairly easily, but you could just as easily keep the Drone for spikes/approaches where the glide on the Vector might stretch out your line more than you want.

For Smartquark, who carries a Zone, it's a no brainer to replace the Drone with the Vector. However, the Drone is a better short range overstable disc imo because it is slower and more overstable. I'm still learning to approach with the Vector and having trouble with some fly byes and skip aways. It's just a matter of time though before I've got angle and force dialed in.

just dyed my new clear vector, i'll have some pics up later

Yes you will.. Mine is coming in the mail this week hopefully. I picked up a clear, I've heard the stamps are a ditch to get off. I think it was in the dye thread. Im pretty excited to throw this disc!

Anything else is just too slow and clunky (Roc, Wasp).

interesting choice of words.

can honestly say that i have never, ever thought of my roc(s) as slow and clunky. i throw flat champion glow rocs and they hold the lines i throw them on and get out to over 325 ft on a rope when i need them to.

however, i look forward to field testing my two vectors that should be in today.

interesting choice of words.

can honestly say that i have never, ever thought of my roc(s) as slow and clunky. i throw flat champion glow rocs and they hold the lines i throw them on and get out to over 325 ft on a rope when i need them to.

however, i look forward to field testing my two vectors that should be in today.

Flat Champ Glow Rocs are among the fastest and least clunky Rocs. I have an '05 flat Glow Champ. The Vector is still a little faster with a little more glide imo.

I ordered 3 of these from SunKing
might have been a week or so ago
soooo reading this thread and waiting isn't doing too much for me
it'll probably be another week or so before they arrive

at least by that time DST will have kicked in giving more time to play in the evenings
also we're having a chinook this week so the 12 feet of snow might melt as well
(ok 12 feet is an exag but you know what I mean...it's 2 to 3 feet)

I ordered 3 of these from SunKing
might have been a week or so ago
soooo reading this thread and waiting isn't doing too much for me
it'll probably be another week or so before they arrive

at least by that time DST will have kicked in giving more time to play in the evenings
also we're having a chinook this week so the 12 feet of snow might melt as well
(ok 12 feet is an exag but you know what I mean...it's 2 to 3 feet)

I got mine from SunKing in 1 day. Color me impressed!

I picked up a clear 176g Vector today at Disc Golf World in KCMO. They had clear, red, and lime green and I saw weights of 175, 176, and 177, 178g. I got a 176 but it weighs 177 on my scale at home. I threw it about 4 times on way home from work at the soccer fields. Even though it was raining and about 10-15mph tailwind, I found it had really good glide and didn't fade too hard at the end. I stepped off my longest throw (with tailwind) at about 275 ft. Into the wind, it wasn't as stable as I hoped but did pretty decent fighting the wind. I throw a Buzzz as my main midrange, and I am a former Cro thrower. I've thad Rocs and Hornets, but they didn't make my bag. The Vector reminds of a new Roc. But the Vectro is in a better plastic unless you want to shell out $50 for a Champ Roc. We'll see if it makes my bag. I was looking for a stable midrange to fight the wind better than my Buzzz.

I finally caved and bought a clear one off ebay.

I am planning on dieing it red or purple. I've never dyed a disc before, does anyone know if there is a vibrant purple dye from rit? Or does it take pretty dark?

Last edited:

I am planning on dieing it red or purple. I've never dyed a disc before, does anyone know if there is a vibrant purple dye from rit? Or does it take pretty dark?

I am hoping for a purple in this range.

Attachments

• 100_2742.jpg
    100_2742.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 36
should be a little more visible now, its darker in person:
HPIM0971.JPG

I'm not sure, I've never dyed a disc purple yet. If you can't find a bright purple from RIT, check the crafts section of your local Wal Mart, they carry a different brand of clothing dye there called Tulip, I'm pretty sure there is a bright purple there.

RIT's purple is pretty nice if you get it to about 135 degrees for like 7 minutes it'll be a nice purple.

or try "fuschia" if you want a sweet pink color.

AP do u have one of these vectors allready??? cuz id shake my fist and say" why i outta" if u win the facebook contest, or we could try and get mvp to split it between us, muahahhahahhhhahaa

i have one already, dyed it. threw it today in 15 mph winds with some light rain. first impressions: not as overstable as i thought it would be. fly very Roc-like for me with great glide. love the grip of the Proton plastic and how the rim feels in the hand.

i only threw it like 10 times, so i'm pumped to throw it more once it stops this BS freezing rain.

It's interesting that MVP has the weight all in the overmold and that therefore the heavier Vectors are more gyroscopic and thus straighter than lighter ones. Kind of a shame, I'd love to have one of these in 165 for wooded tunnels and pure straightness. I guess I'll have to wait until the neutral mid comes out for that.