• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

Thrown flat on shots 300' and less and it starts to hyzer at about the 150' mark. To work it straight I have to pop it with some anny.

This is what I'm getting. It's a nice disc but I don't think I have a need for it my bag.

I'm finding that I have trouble with medium powered midrange shots with the Vector. On short approaches and long drives it is very easy to get what I want from it but in between there is a gap for me where I'm either giving it too much or not enough. The Vector seems kind of power hungry and I lose some touch on those medium range finesse shots.

I have three Vectors, one clear mildly domey, on domey green one and one flat orange one. I've only thrown the clear one, but it definitely was overstable. The flat orange one has a lower PLH than the others though (1 mm or so) so I need to try it out before I can get conclusive. It might be the reason why some people call this understable.

Don't hurt yourself thinking too hard.:D

Well, it's an over stable mid, there's not a lot to them. When i'm throwing a hole where I need to navigate a tight line, i'm not going to throw this type of disc. It's got one purpose and one purpose only, reliable overstable flight forward. If this disc was more of a Buzzz offering, I might actually show some excitement, but it's not. Yeah you can argue all kinds of stuff like forward fade, glide, etc... but it's still a meat hook. I throw my stable to understable mids 5x as much as I would my overstable mid.

So, to elaborate on the "meh" comment:

As far as stable mids go... it'll do. :\

This thing isn't really a meat hook, it has a long gradual fade.. you can get it to meat hook if you want, but if that's all it's doing for you, I'm going to have to say it's user error.

Do you like the Pain better, Jeronimo? Personally I don't carry an overstable mid at the moment. I was considering getting one of these just to see how it does, since I like Ions very much.

@ discspeed: It seems like the Vector has changed your opinion on overstable mids. If so what do you feel is the difference with MVP and Brand-X overstable mids?

Pretty simple...I consider the Vector to be in the "straight to fade" category rather than the truly overstable category. It is much more comparable to a Roc than to a Demon, Gator, or Drone. It is teetering on the line of too overstable...I'm hoping I can find one with a lower parting line so that I can use it more. The two I have are more overstable than I'm used to throwing for sure. They are good on full power shots though.

I know I wished it would have been more Buzzz or even Roc like than whats been described. Just a faster Ion really is all I wanted, but I guess I will keep waiting.

Pretty simple...I consider the Vector to be in the "straight to fade" category rather than the truly overstable category. It is much more comparable to a Roc than to a Demon, Gator, or Drone. It is teetering on the line of too overstable...I'm hoping I can find one with a lower parting line so that I can use it more. The two I have are more overstable than I'm used to throwing for sure. They are good on full power shots though.
Good to know. I lucked out and have 2 in the mail.

This thing isn't really a meat hook, it has a long gradual fade.. you can get it to meat hook if you want, but if that's all it's doing for you, I'm going to have to say it's user error.

No, it's not user error. I guess I use the term "meat hook" too liberally. You're thinking in terms of classifications of overstable discs, in my mind if it's not stable it's a meat hook. Would you throw it up a 300' tunnel shot where you really can't fade left or right off the fairway? I would bet no. I most certainly would not. A LOT of fade, significant fade, more than a little fade, these all more or less fit the same bill for me. It's not really my style of play. I also do not enjoy throwing hyzer spikes, so take that as you will. That doesn't mean I can't, I just don't like it.

Beable said:
Do you like the Pain better, Jeronimo? Personally I don't carry an overstable mid at the moment. I was considering getting one of these just to see how it does, since I like Ions very much.
I actually do like it a tad bit better but only because it's not as overstable as the Vector. I can think of holes on courses that I've played where the Pain would work for me but the Vector would put me in the rough. The Pain is pretty much as close to overstable as I like to get for my line up.

Keep in mind I'm not putting down the Vector, I'm expressing my limited enthusiasm for it's classification. All in all i'll still probably carry one for the select few shots I would use it. It just doesn't appeal to me like a stable mid could have.

If they won't come out with a neutral mid in due time I'll eat my bag. It would probably be the most stupid thing they could hope to do.

To every man his own. And you're right, i would not throw an OS midrange down a straight tunnel.

Why not? I find it a lot easier to throw an overstable mid on a baby flex line through a straight tunnel thanks to its HSS rather than throw something perfectly stable perfectly flat or throw something understable on hyzerflip that doesn't turnover too much or fade too soon.

This thing is pure OS, how did you come up with this conclusion?

Based upon a limited number of throws, so I will not completely stand by my statement yet.

However, of the throws I have taken it stays on its line for 60-80 percent of the flight before the fade kicks in. Even then the fade did not seem that drastic, definitely consistent and seemingly unaffected by the wind, but not harsh.

For comparison my Buzzes make it about 85-90 percent before I see any fade whatsoever.

Based upon a limited number of throws, so I will not completely stand by my statement yet.

However, of the throws I have taken it stays on its line for 60-80 percent of the flight before the fade kicks in. Even then the fade did not seem that drastic, definitely consistent and seemingly unaffected by the wind, but not harsh.

For comparison my Buzzes make it about 85-90 percent before I see any fade whatsoever.

You're saying the fade on the buzzz is more predominant, the vector fades way more than the buzzz, imo.

Why not? I find it a lot easier to throw an overstable mid on a baby flex line through a straight tunnel thanks to its HSS rather than throw something perfectly stable perfectly flat or throw something understable on hyzerflip that doesn't turnover too much or fade too soon.

To every man his own. :) I'd rather hyzerflip my wraith. :thmbup:

There's the key.

For my style of play I would reach for my Fuse or Comet. I wouldn't even consider an overstable mid for that shot. Either way your playing off your own knowledge of how much spin you put on your shot, the relative stability of the actual disc you're throwing, and you're judging the angle according to your own experience.

Please do not try to argue that a Vector will finish straighter than something like a Comet/buzzz/whatever... It's a fools errant and at that point you've traded a rational argument for a rhetoric masturbation.

Please do not try to argue that a Vector will finish straighter than something like a Comet/buzzz/whatever... It's a fools errant and at that point you've traded a rational argument for a rhetoric masturbation.

It's not the way I usually choose to play, but I have thrown my Vector down a tunnel with the perfect amount of anny so that it slowly transitioned as it flew straight and flexed out straight at the basket. It landed dead straight from where I released it.

What can't be argued is that a less stable disc could fly straighter from start to finish....frozen rope rather than soft "S".

The vector for me has become a mid that i can forehand straight without worrying about turning it over to quickly. I can't get a grip on most other overstable mids to forehand with consistency.

The vector for me has become a mid that i can forehand straight without worrying about turning it over to quickly. I can't get a grip on most other overstable mids to forehand with consistency.

I haven't gotten a chance to FH mine yet due to the dry air causing the disc to stick to my fingers upon release. Can't wait till I can tho.

Latest posts