• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

There's the key.

For my style of play I would reach for my Fuse or Comet. I wouldn't even consider an overstable mid for that shot. Either way your playing off your own knowledge of how much spin you put on your shot, the relative stability of the actual disc you're throwing, and you're judging the angle according to your own experience.

Please do not try to argue that a Vector will finish straighter than something like a Comet/buzzz/whatever... It's a fools errant and at that point you've traded a rational argument for a rhetoric masturbation.

Cool your jets el capitan, you were making it sound like your way was an absolute, 'tis all.

I don't know what a fools errant [sic] means but a disc's stability is subject to the guy throwing the disc, for my wuss arm a Vector wouldn't finish straighter than a Comet but for a more powerful thrower it might. At any rate, I don't think the Vector is that overstable that it can't be thrown on a frozen rope by any mortal. :)

fools errand...Jro is saying that an overstable mid down a tight hallway is an errant shot for him

If you do put it on a slight anny it will make this "frozen rope" line as BroD is saying. I just don't have the consistency yet with this disc to do it. It will be able to if you try hard enough tho.

Got mine in from MS this afternoon and they look really nice. Haven't had a chance to try them out yet, but i'm looking forward to putting them up against the Pain's for a spot in the bag.

got to throw mine on a tight and versatile course today and was very impressed with it.

great control on tighter shots, awesome glide, held up really well in right-to-left winds and really glided on with a tailwind. i had a poor shot that a buzzz would probably not have "hooked up" and came back that only went to the right maybe 20 feet then held flat for a while and had a very reliable fade.

definitely wasn't a "meathook" by any standards to me. slightly more overstable than a roc.

Cool your jets el capitan, you were making it sound like your way was an absolute, 'tis all.

I don't know what a fools errant [sic] means but a disc's stability is subject to the guy throwing the disc, for my wuss arm a Vector wouldn't finish straighter than a Comet but for a more powerful thrower it might. At any rate, I don't think the Vector is that overstable that it can't be thrown on a frozen rope by any mortal. :)

I wasn't worked up at all. If I came across as hostile, trust me, I had no intention to.

er·rant:
[er-uhnt]
deviating from the regular or proper course; erring; straying.

Yeah.. that's what I meant... :doh:
(thank you ManU that is what I meant to say)

Actually this isn't far off from how my Vector flies...
2lieed3.jpg

I got out to an open field with some 10-15 mph gust. I will say that it's a "meathook" if it's spinning at a lower speed. But straight up 90-100% driving speed .. It did what most people have been reporting: straight to gradual forward fade. Now.. throwing back in to a headwind.. I did have the Vector turn over ever so slightly in the wind (with a flat release at 100%) but it fought back at the end. I'm going to take it out to a course today and see how I like it.

so far, I'm digging it.. not loving it quite yet. Both slightly domed disc's flew consistent though.

A box of Vectors will be at my door any day or time now. Hopefully I can find a straighter one! I really want to have 2 different Vectors in the bag, and I'd like one I could work better <300'.

After reading comments about the Vector on DGR and this site, I've come to the conclusion that the flat ones (mine is perfectly flat) are not as over stable as the domey ones and that is why there is argument about what this disc can do. Also this disc cannot be powered down and go straight. I have a shorter straight hole (225 ft) at my course that I normally throw a Buzzz but this past weekend tried to power down my Vector and it went way left. There is another hole (275 ft) that I full powered my Vector and it went straight at the basket and had no fade at all. Finally, I find it interesting that the discussion earlier was about tunnel shots because I find this disc to be a great low ceiling straight disc when fully powered. I don't have another disc in my bag that will go as far and as straight when thrown low. Overall I think this is a nice disc but it has its limitations. People that expected it to be like a Roc or Buzzz will be disappointed because you can't work this disc like you can those. But for me this disc has a place in my bag when I need a straight laser that will go 260-280ft.

Just to up the tally here, my flat one is also definitely not as overstable as the domier ones. It is still very HSS, but the fade comes in later and isn't as significant. The straight part of the flight is much longer.

Just to up the tally here, my flat one is also definitely not as overstable as the domier ones. It is still very HSS, but the fade comes in later and isn't as significant. The straight part of the flight is much longer.
This is good to hear. There were only a few handful that had some dome to them, we run them now flatter and the flight is really smooth.

Latest posts