• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Vector Midrange

Kudos on the excellent comparison, BroD. The more I hear about the new midranges, the more I think I will eventually get a Pain. I have a stack of fresh DX Rocs at the moment, but I like the idea of a "Roc imitator in premium plastic."

As a bonus, the Pain is available in my preferred midrange weights (165-169). I don't want to grow old(er) waiting for MVP to make discs < 170.

Anyone not get what they ordered, weight wise? I know these things were selling like mad and had limited stock, but when ordering from sunking i chose the 179-180 option and the discs says 174. Theres a little bit of a difference there.

i got a 176, ordered 179-180...but the disc weighs just under 177. Close enough for me.

I called sun king before they shipped my order. Wish I knew Vectors were either Domey (the clear 176 I got) or Flat (The green 174 I received). Got my order in 2 days coast to coast (fl to cali). My boy threw the domey one and said it's very similar to both the Buzz & Element-x with notable differences, but I can't remember them. Should complement my opto core very nicely!

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but all that huff over 3 grams? Seems a bit overboard to me. Maybe I just haven't played long enough to get it. But my only experience is a buddy who only wants 176 stuff. I always ask him why and he can never explain it. It has nothing to do with performance with him, it's some OCD thing.

As far as weight goes, when I was at Gotta Go Gotta Throw, they had maybe 5 177-178 Vectors out of their whole shipment. Most were between 172-176 it seemed.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but all that huff over 3 grams? Seems a bit overboard to me. Maybe I just haven't played long enough to get it. But my only experience is a buddy who only wants 176 stuff. I always ask him why and he can never explain it. It has nothing to do with performance with him, it's some OCD thing.

I know that there is barely any difference, but it's a mentality thing for me. I'll just have to suck it up for now.

It's cool. I was just wondering if 4 grams actually makes a difference or if it was, in fact, a mental thing.

are there flat and domey ones?

i'd hope that they'd all be consistent, and since broD said his was flat, i'm expecting a flat one on monday when it comes.

Here ya go.

Threw one of mine a little bit before I went to work. Here are my first impressions:

My 176 Orange slight dome (saw some with super domes and some flat at the store) flew more stable than a heavy Buzzz, but not quite as stable as a heavy Wasp. It felt like it was right in the middle of those two. I had some medium (probably 15mph) headwinds that it held its line perfectly into. I can't judge it much more beyond that till it warms up and I bring back my throw to way it used to be.

Man, MVP's new Proton plastic just glows in the sunlight, I love it.

Got out today and got a few tosses in with my 177 gram Vector, love this disc! definitely fills the over stable mid hole in my bag. My evaluation of this disc would be +3 HSS, +3 LSS, 5 Glide, and 5 speed.

I currently have a Star Gator and a GL Core in my bag. For those who have thrown it, the Vector sounds like it would fit perfectly between them am I correct with this assumption? I love the Ion and know I will be buying a Vector soon, knowing this info will only make the temptation worse.

Latest posts