• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

That's not necessarily indicative of molds being changed. That usually happens due to atmospheric differences when the discs are being molded. Hence, why I find it so funny that everyone thinks that one manufacturer is so much more consistent than the next. Unless they are molding discs is a climate controlled locker, they will all have variations between runs. It just isn't as evident when one manufacturer is running far fewer discs than the others. Over time, though, it becomes obvious.

I'm going to mold 300 discs, all the same color and weight. Then never mold any more again. I will be the most consistent manufacturer of all time.

Time to let it go, pal. This is an MVP thread, with MVP "fans" posting about differences in runs of the same mold. No one's mentioned Innova but you.

How long do you think you need to carry this tiresome defensive chip on your shoulder?

I must have missed the sign on the thread that says "MVP fanboys only." My bad. I am an MVP fan, have thrown all their molds at one point or another. But I have this amazing quality called objectivity, which allows me to see things from many perspectives.

Also, I used the handy "search this thread" feature at the top of the page to find 52 other mentions of Innova beside mine. Good try, though.

Nothing defensive here. Simply pointing out the inability of MVP fanboys to give credit to any other manufacturers or to realize that MVP - like every other company - is not perfect. Instead, you guys spin it as a good thing.

MVP fanboy: "I can look through a stack of Teebirds and not find any with the same PLH or dome. Innova sucks."

MVP fanboy: "I can look through a stack of Volts and find varying PLHs and domes. I love it because I can have multiples of the same disc for different flights. MVP is the best."

I must have missed the sign on the thread that says "MVP fanboys only." My bad. I am an MVP fan, have thrown all their molds at one point or another. But I have this amazing quality called objectivity, which allows me to see things from many perspectives.

Also, I used the handy "search this thread" feature at the top of the page to find 52 other mentions of Innova beside mine. Good try, though.

Nothing defensive here. Simply pointing out the inability of MVP fanboys to give credit to any other manufacturers or to realize that MVP - like every other company - is not perfect. Instead, you guys spin it as a good thing.

MVP fanboy: "I can look through a stack of Teebirds and not find any with the same PLH or dome. Innova sucks."

MVP fanboy: "I can look through a stack of Volts and find varying PLHs and domes. I love it because I can have multiples of the same disc for different flights. MVP is the best."

Where are all the fan boys claiming perfection that all the anti-fanboys bring up all the time?

To be clear, I am for MVP. I don't personally throw it but I support the company and I think they make good discs.

You guys mean to tell me you haven't seen the plethora of claims of MVP's superior consistency and awesomeness in comparison to other companies in every MVP thread over the years? I don't think I am making this stuff up. Maybe they have quieted down lately, but there are some main offenders on here that I am sure we could all point to without naming names.

And I'm with tampabay here: I think MVP is a great company and is doing a lot to push the boundaries of the sport. It is the uberfandom that tends to get under my skin a little bit, and it's always fun to poke the bear back a little bit.

However, in the spirit of good foruming, let's get back to the Volt: Awesome disc, excellent lines, and I can't wait until I can find some in lower weights, because I would love to put one back in the bag. My favorite MVP mold so far. Also saw a guy throwing one of the new purple Neutrons in person, and those things are tasty.

My apologies for the thread drift.

if you consider .5 differences in stability to be a huge consistency issue then LOL.

I believe the company is using new machines/equpitment/techniques compared to when they started running the volt/amp/shock. No one has ever argued you can find slight differences in MVP discs and the FR shock was a extreme testament to that but the fact that all new volts are coming out the same and a few old ones didn't is not a huge issue IMO nor one that hinders a growing companies reputation for consistent products. This is the most I ever heard of volts that turn and they are history are far as I am concerned.

You wont find a recently released mvp disc with any differences from tensor, P volts, resistors -- all sound like they are molding up true and whatever has changed in the process has benefited the other molds as well it sounds like from new amps, volts, tangents and so on. Nothing was tweaked or re-tooled persay like you see a destroyer with 10 different PLH's and actual top/bottoms which are not the same as the original mold'

i threw my old volt and it was more than .5 difference than the current ones...

lack of consistency is something every manufacturer suffers from, bar none. it is what it is, fanboys who believe a company is perfect will always be fanboys. i suffered from the mistaken notion as well because i had heard it from very avid/vocal supporters on here. then i bought an ion that went straight and an anode that was beefy.

i did not, however, expect such a large difference in volts. **** happens. i just feel bad for my friend because i was so happy when i hooked him up and told him he could have two of the same discs, one for distance and one for more wind fighting, and instead he calls me up and says they're the same flight.

we don't really know about their molds or process; it's silly to say that NOW they are coming out correctly when you really have no idea. the bottom line is that it's inconsistent and that is lame, albeit a part of what we should be expecting. the honeymoon is over, the amps and shocks were not flukes, whatever, move on.

i can see where onemilemore is coming from on this, the problem is that the most vocal people are not always the best ones to listen to even though they may be influential.

so how 'bout dem dere volts, eh? let's start up the "what flies like an old-run volt" thread.

Last edited:
Nothing was tweaked or re-tooled persay like you see a destroyer with 10 different PLH's and actual top/bottoms which are not the same as the original mold'

You will see it when MVP makes multiple runs of distance drivers, just like every other manufacturer before it. To think otherwise is a pipe dream.

Edit: Eh, you added the top/bottom part after I read your original post. That Vulcan top thing was quite the debacle.

So are the newer runs of volts more stable/os than the older? If I'm looking for the most o/s what should I be looking for other than high PLH?

. i just feel bad for my friend because i was so happy when i hooked him up and told him he could have two of the same discs, one for distance and one for more wind fighting, and instead he calls me up and says they're the same flight.

the bottom line is that it's inconsistent and that is lame, .

:confused:

So are the newer runs of volts more stable/os than the older? If I'm looking for the most o/s what should I be looking for other than high PLH?

appears so-- that light blue pictured above matches up with a P volt.

No dome IMO provides 0 hss but less LSS and a domey will helix more in the flight (older run style I guess lol)

Newer. High PLH and flat top is what my newest have had. For me they fly about like 9/5/0/2 in either plastic. If I throw them flat at 100% power they don't turn. Older Volts, before Protons came out, flew more like 9/6/-1/1 for me.

haven't thrown the "newest" N volts to go with it but would assume so as far as durability and keeping the beef-- MikeC??

Newer. High PLH and flat top is what my newest have had. For me they fly about like 9/5/0/2 in either plastic. If I throw them flat at 100% power they don't turn. Older Volts, before Protons came out, flew more like 9/6/-1/1 for me.

Gotcha, thanks. I'd like to get ones that are a little more stable. The P Volt flipped slightly more than I liked. I think it has something to do with my lower elevation. Discs are usually pretty flippy here.

Then to be honest any of them might for you. In Ohio I've never had a Proton Volt show any turn when brand new. If I give it 100% they'll track right a few feet at most.

Onemilemore: I see lots of people say MVP is consistent, and rightfully so. Yes, they've tweaked things, yes I've had a lemon or two, but they still exhibit a good deal of consistency. The only claims of perfection I've witnessed are people complaining about fanboys. I've never seen a so called fanboy say MVP has perfect consistency, or any company for that matter.

That being said every Ion I've bought in 2.5 years has flown identical, and the last Neutron Axis I got from MVP flies exactly the seme as the orange tester I got before they were released to the public. Every 2nd run - current run Shock has flown the same, every P volt has flown identical, every Anode has flown identical, every Tensor has been perfect, every Tangent has flown identical, every pre-tweak and post-tweak N volt has flown identical to the others from the same batch etc. I've thrown two flippier than expect Vectors and my tester Amps flew unexpectedly and that's it. That's a good track record for me, and I throw a ton of MVP. I've lost more than most have thrown.

Latest posts