• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My adventures with the Readings

nate22

Eagle Member
So I was fortunate enough to spend 2 weeks with Jay and Des Reading as part of the Edge Clinic program leading into the Australian Champs...and it was amazing.

We reached close to 2200 kids, went to 11 schools, mapped out 2 new courses, and had one successfully put into the ground before they even left the country! The best part was, we found out at the annual ADG meeting and could announce it at the meeting...only the second 9 hole course in our state with approved baskets.

Highlights included

- Suprising them at the airport when they thought they were taxiing it into the city themselves

- A 6 hour trip out to Roma (where the course went in) and showcasing Disc Golf to an entire school, then spending the evening up on the balcony overlooking mainstreet chatting with the Mr and Mrs Yeti.

- Witnessing Jays FIRST Overseas ACE

- Playing my local course The Swich and getting feedback on how to improve it.

- Playing catch with an ultimate frisbee on the beach (in pouring rain), and then trying to catch discs in the surf, not easy! Followed up with some barramundi, moreton bay bugs and fresh prawns.

- Giving Des my Pre-Barry leopard she was eyeing off on my collector wall, she will be tossing it next year so if you see her ask about it :-D She ended up giving me a Signature Firebird as a thank you.

I gotta upload the event pics, but heres some plastic we got..

737259_10151796178102843_1163927468_o.jpg

Yeti stamp, bought my another good friend, signed by Jay, given to my lovely partner...dont ya love DG!

1425330_10151796178172843_1220848624_o.jpg

I ran a raffle, my partner entered and won this...the prize she wanted!

1398304_10151796178497843_1668013784_o.jpg
Got Jay to sign a few Yetis, including this bad boy...last years Australian Champs disc

1404423_10151796178707843_837660208_o.jpg
I took some used innova discs to sell from my store to Roma, and Des was shocked to find this bad boy in amongst them (a gem in every box), she encouraged us to keep it by drawing a picture of us in the car (with trailer attached) on to it.

1398049_10151796178237843_1199209416_o.jpg
Jays Ace Disc from the 'old Roma' course, his FIRST international ace, and of course it was with a Yeti!

That's pretty awesome! Glad you guys can spread DG around the world.

I see these guys every year at Utopia Fest in Utopia, Tx. They are some of the most friendly/helpful/awesome people!

We met Jay & Des at Am Worlds this year. They were giving a clinic to all the Juniors before competition began. What a great couple of people and I'm really glad you got to spend some time with them. Thanks for showing us the pics!! I have a Yeti destroyer that everybody just drools over when I throw it. I love that stamp!

I want to visit and play your courses!

They were the first pros I ever met and they said, "oh! We're trying to build a course at your old high school!" ... Still the only pros I'd wanna sponsor.

Holy massive image Batman!
dunno how to get those pics smaller...but look at the detail!

I open the file in MS paint and use the "Resize" feature to shrink them to some % of the original image and save them as a new .jpg file.

Oh and... very cool, thanks for sharing. Des and Jay are great ambassadors for the game.

I open the file in MS paint and use the "Resize" feature to shrink them to some % of the original image and save them as a new .jpg file.

Oh and... very cool, thanks for sharing. Des and Jay are great ambassadors for the game.

I upload them to imageshack, they do the resizing (I normally shrink them to about 800 x 600) AND the hosting.

When I think of Jay I remember the video where he stuffs barsby in the trunk of a car for wearing his dg backpack like it's his own, hehe... I guess I don't blame him though, LOL

Jay and Des are 2 of the nicest pros I have ever met. Got to eat dinner one night with them when they came back home to Iowa and just talked about anything and everything. :thmbup::thmbup: