• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My Best-Ever Month of Disc Golf

KenanFlagler01

Par Member
Diamond level trusted reviewer
The last month, Nov 10 through Dec 11, has been the best single month of disc golf in my recreational career:

1. 15 rounds on 14 different courses

2. 11 new courses

3. A new state (Texas)

4. 4 courses rated 4.0+ (I'd only played one of those in my previous 5 years of golf)

5. Played in my first tournament, a C-Tier, and didn't do half bad: rounds rated 850 and 870, cashed and placed 11th out of 30 in Intermediate

6. I had to do a work presentation in another city the other day, and I arrived earlier than I needed to, so I rolled up my slacks, took off my buttondown, and played a business casual round. Opened up a whole new world for me: pre-work disc golf sans shower!

Pumped about a new year of disc golf coming up! And clearly I'm an addict!

Here are the courses I bagged this month, ranked by rating:

1. Circle C (TX) - 4.44
2. Rolling Pines (NC) - 4.29
3. Castle Hayne (NC) - 4.25
4. Rock Ridge (NC) - 4.17
5. Yadkin County Park (NC) - 3.68
6. Highland Hills (NC) - 3.56
7. Cedar Hills (NC) - 3.54
8. Zilker Park (TX) - 2.99
9. Lake Wilson (NC) - 2.98
10. Southern Community (NC) - 2.96
11. Kentwood (NC) - 2.74
12. Bethel DGC (NC) - 2.25
13. Yadkin Co. Park - The Outback (NC) - 2.00
14. Downtown Urban Open (NC) - unrated
15. Sunshine Acres (NC) - unrated

Great month. Cedar Hills and Kentwood were my two original home courses. I love those courses. Although the rocky fairways sort of get annoying after a while at Kentwood. Ahh I miss them though.

I play Cedar and Kentwood all the time. I was in a rut for a while and ONLY played those two. I branched out this year and played a bunch of new ones. Those two will always be high on my favorites list though.

Latest posts