• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My first post

mcastigl521

Hey everyone! This is my first post, though I've been perusing the site and using the course finder for about a year now. I played disc golf for the first time 2 years ago, but was bitten by the bug last summer. I've since played a couple hundred times, and even took a trip to Phoenix this past February to get away from the Chicago winter and sling some discs. I prefer the Innova brand and throw RHBH. Since I will be qualified by January 1st of next year to play in the Masters division, I plan on hitting up a few tourneys this summer to get me acclimated to the format.

Just wanted to finally say hello and get a post up!

Welcome to the site! Great resource for info from improving or just having fun.

What is your home course? Havent made it to IL yet but lots of nice DG over there and across the lake!

The course I've played the most is closest to my employer, which is Willow Stream in Buffalo Grove. It is a pretty basic course, but I like the layout, and it doesn't seem to get too crowded when I'm there. Unfortunately, we have a lot of 9 holers here in the Chicagoland area, but I do get out to play the 18 holers in my immediate area.

I'm taking a trip with some friends in late July to La Crosse, WI, so we plan on hitting a couple courses in Winona, MN. That area of MN and WI is absolutely gorgeous, and i'm looking forward to it!

Welcome! FWIW, there are a lot of active DGCR members in your neck of the woods.

The course I've played the most is closest to my employer, which is Willow Stream in Buffalo Grove. It is a pretty basic course, but I like the layout, and it doesn't seem to get too crowded when I'm there. Unfortunately, we have a lot of 9 holers here in the Chicagoland area, but I do get out to play the 18 holers in my immediate area.

I'm taking a trip with some friends in late July to La Crosse, WI, so we plan on hitting a couple courses in Winona, MN. That area of MN and WI is absolutely gorgeous, and i'm looking forward to it!

Welcome to the forums!

If Pettibone Park in La Crosse, isn't under water like it is now, you should consider hitting that up. It's a gorgeous, well manicured park with water all around you but not too much in play.

Welcome to the forums!

If Pettibone Park in La Crosse, isn't under water like it is now, you should consider hitting that up. It's a gorgeous, well manicured park with water all around you but not too much in play.

Thanks! I'll be there at the last weekend in July, so hopefully the water has subsided by then.

Latest posts