• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

my I've Seen the Light bag

freeus

Par Member
After a lot of struggle and going through periods of carrying 15 or 16 different molds at a time without being able to really throw most of them, I've decided to force myself down to a limited number of molds that I know work for me. So far I'm liking the results a lot. I've only got ~300' max D so no need for the big stuff. Here is what I settled on:

S Wizard
S Voodoo

DX Roc
KC Pro Roc
if it's windy I'll throw in a Pro-D Drone

DX Cheetahs
DX Eagle-Xs
DX and Champ Sidewinders
X Preds

Carrying 2 or 3 of each of the driver molds, in various weights and stages of wear. Any comments?

freeus said:
After a lot of struggle and going through periods of carrying 15 or 16 different molds at a time without being able to really throw most of them, I've decided to force myself down to a limited number of molds that I know work for me. So far I'm liking the results a lot. I've only got ~300' max D so no need for the big stuff. Here is what I settled on:

S Wizard
S Voodoo

DX Roc
KC Pro Roc
if it's windy I'll throw in a Pro-D Drone

DX Cheetahs
DX Eagle-Xs
DX and Champ Sidewinders
X Preds

Carrying 2 or 3 of each of the driver molds, in various weights and stages of wear. Any comments?

Forgive my noob'ism, but what is an Eagle-Xs? Just an xout eagle in DX plastic?

freeus said:
Eagles come in two molds, X and L. X is more stable.

More stable, but IMO, more pointless... If you want a more stable Eagle, throw a Teebird. Just my two cents. Love a good turnover with a well seasoned Eagle-L.

Edit: And to the original poster, that was in no way a knock on your bag, more a knock on the people who get all up in arms over which Eagle mold is better.

No knock taken. But in fact I personally find the Eagle-X to be a very different, and much more useful disc than a TeeBird. I can get all kinds of lines out of EX's depending on weight and wear. But for me a Teebird in any weight or any plastic does one thing, and that is start turning left as soon as it leaves my hand (RHBH). Tried to like them, never could.