• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My PIAS is a rip off and a half

In response to the earlier comment about returning discs you find in the pond/creek/river whatnot I completely disagree. I swim for discs starting in March each year and just stopped swimming last week. I will text or call the owner of the disc if there is a number. Most times THEY offer to pay a small reward for me finding it. I live in South Dakota, the water temp was 38F...... You tell me I don't deserve something for my time and searching? I have made dozens of friends by texting, then selling back discs ($5). Just my opinion

In response to the earlier comment about returning discs you find in the pond/creek/river whatnot I completely disagree. I swim for discs starting in March each year and just stopped swimming last week. I will text or call the owner of the disc if there is a number. Most times THEY offer to pay a small reward for me finding it. I live in South Dakota, the water temp was 38F...... You tell me I don't deserve something for my time and searching? I have made dozens of friends by texting, then selling back discs ($5). Just my opinion

GUYS WAIT...WAIT...WAIT

He's new here. :D

Haugen, this is a hotly debated topic - just a heads up, we try not to let threads go that route (ethics of disc finding/charging) because they derail into fierce flame-fests and nobody ever changes sides/opinions on it.

Thanks for looking out for me, but someone has to stick up for those who have already been bashed. Come to our area and you will see plenty of posers. Kids that go out and buy the nicest disc they can find and then go play to have an excuse to smoke, "smoke", drink, whatnot. 95% of the ones I find belong to exactly those people. I do apologize if my post was off topic, but not for swimming

My local PIAS is reasonable I think, 10.50 for used star plastic, 8 for champ and 5 - 2 for dx depending on the condition. Also if you find one of your discs in their bin that someone sold to them then just just ask for ID to verify its yours and have you pay what they paid the person that sold it.

The PIAS in Raleigh right off the highway, near the Chilis, has an inside man that snags all the choice plastic when it comes in, or so my sources tell me.

Andy doesn't get all the good stuff, another friend of mine grabbed (I'm no discologist) some rare, valuable discs out of the used bin in Raleigh.

Logan, I also went looking for some used stuff in Cary and there were very few discs in there, and I saw the Freedom Memorial Crystal Challenger in there, couldn't believe the cost. But, just don't get stuff like that.

The guy working in Cary was really nice to me, he had a used Champion Cobra behind the counter he sold me for 10 bucks. You just have to ask questions sometimes and be nice!!! :eek:

Ha, the local 'disc store' is a kids puzzle/art store. I'm in Canada and prices are...

DX = 12
Champion = 18
Star = 21

I lol'd.

Ours is random...used star can be 12-7 bucks and champ can be 9-5.

Funny thing is its not a quality or beat thing, I think it is whoever is tagging it. My almost mint $5.99 whippet X for instance vs a stained edge 150 star sidewinder for $10.99.

Last time I was in there I saw that yellow SE roc for $39.99 and laughed out loud. The guy behind the counter asked me what was so funny and I said "the price" and he got offended.

That place makes money off of noobs who don't know any better. I played dubs this year with a kid who was stoked he got a used gummy 150 valk from there for only $15.99. Said he had talked to the dude behind the counter and was assured the disc was from the gummy CE run. It was just a normal 6/10 150 champ valk.

Dick's is the place where the cool hang out
The swass like to play and the rich flaunt clout