• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

i am really thinking about pulling the trigger on this.

Me, too.
I love the idea of DIY customizing, but already have 4 bags now.
Anyone wanna buy a Revo Carolina Team bag for $50 plus shipping??

Just bought one....now I have a lat 64 pro bag with straps for sale :)

It won't be here until the 9th though :-(

Last edited:
Sticker Giant has some good patches

If you want Innova Patches go here....

That place is pretty cool. Didn't even know it existed. Thanks!

Me, too.
I love the idea of DIY customizing, but already have 4 bags now.
Anyone wanna buy a Revo Carolina Team bag for $50 plus shipping??

Ugh, I know. The only thing that has stopped me from buying this bag is how many people already have. I'm turning into a DIY addict for new options.

well no one that i know around here has one of these bags. plus i am a bag whore

All the info in one spot...

I tried to pull together all the relevant info from earlier posts in this thread as a time saver for anyone looking to do this:

Cabela's XPG Pro Series Angler Pack... still on sale for $50 at this time.

3-way slip joint PVC pieces for the corners:Lowe's stocks them in-store (Home Depot doesn't even carry them).

Lt. Dan's frame dimensions from post # 62 (I used these dimesions with an extra cross piece across the top in the back for added stability, left the top open in the front for easy in/out of discsworked well for me - same design as Fred Vegas' frame):
Somebody asked me a question about the pvc frame I had built for my bag so I figured I would post a pic up here if anybody else wanted to see it. It is made from 1/2" pvc and cost about $10 all together. The dimensions are 9-3/4" tall, 13-1/2" wide, and 6-1/2" deep. This is probably about the largest the frame can be made too because it is a rather snug fit and takes a few minutes to try and zip the flap that separates the two compartments (I have to take one end off and put it in through the top to get it in the bag). It holds the discs nicely and I can actually walk around with the back flap completely open and the discs won't fall out as long as I am not to rough with it.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I also recommend using 3-4 coats of Plasti Dip (the brush on) on the bottom for added abrasion resistance. I noticed a couple of sections near the corners (where the piping runs along the seams) is prone to wear. I started using my bag in April, and it didn't get too bad, but I wish I'd have done it when it was new. Used Plati Dip on my Fade tourney, and was pleasantly surprised at how well the coating resists abrasions/wear and tear at key wear spots on the bag (i.e. corners) - not to mention water proofing the bottom.

Anybody know how the waist pack is for discs?

Looks nice and small

to be honest, I think you'd be better off with a conventional smaller bag (like maybe a Fade Lite or Fade Crunch Box). IMO, going with a bag from Cabelas for DG only makes sense for a cost effective backpack style bag.

I wouldn't want to play with a waistpack - I think it would inhibit my throwing motion. A conventional DG bag would be easier to carry and actually play a round with (easy to put down and pick up as opposed to a waistpack). Since you can usually find some on the cheap in the Market Place, if not new, I think they'd be more cost effective, too. Just my thoughts - to each their own.

Last edited:
A waist pack would be very difficult to play with. Taking it on and off is going to be hard in comparison to a backpack. Throwing distance well with it on is going to be impossible.

I agree with BogeyNoMore. If you are only carrying a small amount of discs, go with a shoulder-style bag like the Fade Crunch. Easy on, easy off. I switched from a Crunch to a Innova Tourney bag + back straps because I carried to many discs. Several months ago I switched from a Tourney to a Cabelas backpack for more storage and significantly better ergonomics. As long as I keep carrying 15-20 discs, I will continue using a backpack. If I went to carrying 8-10 discs, I'd go for a Fade Crunch or smaller.

i am loving my new current set up. It gives me the room on the top and the putters are snug in the bottom pocket, unlike the top... p.s. GO GATORS

newbag.jpg

newbag1.jpg

newbag2.jpg

i am loving my new current set up. It gives me the room on the top and the putters are snug in the bottom pocket, unlike the top... p.s. GO GATORS

View attachment 32874

View attachment 32875

View attachment 32876

The things i carry in there are....
TOP POCKET(largest one) a sweatshirt, birdie bag, various things from time to time
The one below that... pencils, towels
Sunglass holder- oakleys
Pocket next to the "drink holder"... minis
Pocket next to that... leatherman, chapstick
Took the cell phone pocket off, put a gators patch there.
The pocket on the top left... bug spray, or various things

Latest posts