• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

Well if I zipped the other zipper all the way across, it would come off as well.

Is it just one set of zipper teeth is unsecured on one side, so the pictured zipper head slipped completely off one track when it was unzipped all the way? If so, can it be rethreaded through the zipper and then sewn in place? Doesn't sound too difficult unless I'm missing something - but I miss things all the time. :eek:

Is it just one set of zipper teeth is unsecured on one side, so the pictured zipper head slipped completely off one track when it was unzipped all the way? If so, can it be rethreaded through the zipper and then sewn in place? Doesn't sound too difficult unless I'm missing something - but I miss things all the time. :eek:

Both sides are unsecured.

so i stumbled onto this thread, after reviewing the Grip bag, and i got very stoked to buy the Cabela angler pack and modify it. My hopes and excitement were quickly doused when i found out from Cabela that the angler pack is no longer available. WTF?? any suggestions to other backpacks will suffice? i am so bummed:wall:

so i stumbled onto this thread, after reviewing the Grip bag, and i got very stoked to buy the Cabela angler pack and modify it. My hopes and excitement were quickly doused when i found out from Cabela that the angler pack is no longer available. WTF?? any suggestions to other backpacks will suffice? i am so bummed:wall:

Look through the DIY Backpack thread. Tons of options. I used a swiss gear backpack without any mods that worked beautifully.

I went to cabelas this week to get my friend that bag for his birthday and I also realized this sad truth...:(

I have the cabelas bag and my zipper came off as well it took some messing around but you can get it back on then I just sewed and glued it so it won't come undone again

I have been using a Grip bag all Spring, Summer and Fall, but with snow and crappy weather on the horizon in Southeastern Wisconsin, I'm putting my Grip bag into hybernation and getting my Cabelas bag ready to go for some winter disc!

Anyone else do a seasonal bag swap like this?

No?

Just me?

:popcorn:

A bit off topic but how do you like that gateway dancing bear putter? I was tempted to snag one!

I found this bag https://www.amazon.com/Vertex-The-Angler-Backpack/dp/B00E1LCF48/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QM9CN1V002SVR7MVBVPZ
71lCMNbNCYL._SL1500_.jpg
71W0ktShWSL._SL1500_.jpg

this looks like the Cabbela's bag so I might get it as my bag for Disc Golf. It is $64 for its price.

Last edited:
I have been using a Grip bag all Spring, Summer and Fall, but with snow and crappy weather on the horizon in Southeastern Wisconsin, I'm putting my Grip bag into hybernation and getting my Cabelas bag ready to go for some winter disc!

Anyone else do a seasonal bag swap like this?

No?

Just me?

I often have a ESP or Star version of the disc for winter play except for my Destroyers both are Champion, my Dragon only a DX disc, and then Hard Pro D Magnet Putters but I only have my Impact in ESP plastic. I do have a single Express in elite X plastic as well as a pro Shark with a my Star one as well. I am thinking about getting some Friction gloves or Grip gloves for me to use in winter play, so i could use some o my harder discs like my Destroyers.

With the middle flap being able to be unzipped, would it be possible to build an internal frame to the top of the bag? That way you could make the bag a stool, and still access your discs from the safety pinned lower outside flap. Saw a Gorilla Boy bag that had internal PVC frame/ stool and was wondering if that setup would work for this bag. I ordered one of these this morning and will find out for myself soon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E1LCF48/ref=nav_timeline_asin?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 This is a solution to the real disc golf bag made by GB and the Knock off with design sent in by a disc golfer in Las Vegas Baglane version.

https://www.amazon.com/Vertex-The-A...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QM9CN1V002SVR7MVBVPZ

I found the new bag (My pictures above) works, had to use safety pins crimped close permanently to keep discs from Falling out. I also did the same to hold up the second part storage, they did not use enough thread to hold up the fabric that makes the second top storage. The bag will work, and the side holder for beverages is actually a waterproof holder stuff bag/sack that is slightly insulated It can hold a 22-25 oz bottle cool. The seat is not as comfy as I would like, maybe the foam padding just needs to get broken in. It has a pocket next to the Bottle holder that I use for a Mini Marker. I did remove a odd piece of small Fabric covered plastic that was attached to the bag. All I need now is my second bottle holder with Velcro attachment to come and it is ready to go 100%.

Last edited:

Latest posts