• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nashville Area DG Courses

jasonc

* Ace Member *
Silver level trusted reviewer
If you only had time to play 1 course in the greater Nashville area, what would be your choice?

Anything unique in the area? Any hidden gems or courses that are better than their ratings? Sharp Springs Park, Seven Oaks Park and Cedar Hill Park look like the cream of the crop just based on the DGCR ratings, but I have never been to the area. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks! :thmbup:

My personal favorite is Cedar Hill. Very challenging and requires many different shots to do well. Most locals seem to like Seven Oaks the best and the crowd usually confirms this. It could be slow going on the weekends. I've played Sharp Springs a few times and it's a very fun course with some interesting holes. You really can't lose if you played any of those 3.

I recently did a road trip that included a stop in Nashville and played those same three and Cedar Hill was definitely my favorite. Seven Oaks was definitely fun, but I thought it was one of those courses that would be more fun to play the more you played it. As a one-time play, Cedar Hill was far better.

Thank you! :hfive:

I like what I have seen so far in the reviews and pictures posted on all 3 courses. I will be in Bowling Green for Christmas, but I have been there before and I am looking to check out something new.

Ideally, the wife will allow me enough time away from the family activities to drive down to Nashville and play more than 1 course, but I'm not counting on it at this point.

Any thoughts on Sharp Springs? :popcorn:

Haven't played Sharp Springs, but I'm certain that if you play Cedar Hill, you won't be disappointed.

Sharp Springs is the only 1 of those 3 that has shots over water. Cedar Hill is definitely a pro level course with more "fair" fairways. While 7 Oaks is the favorite of most local players due to the atmosphere and the sheer volume of players you can bump into there on any given day. If my 100+ courses of travel has taught me anything it's that Nashville is lucky to have so many 4 star level courses. You honestly can't go wrong with any of them.

Also,

SS has 21 holes if you play 3, alt 3, 9, alt 9, 15, and then tee off to the long 15 basket from the same pad.

7 Oaks also has 21 with 3 inner holes you can reach after hole 6 that loop around the densest woods there and dump you right back out at 7.

Enjoy!

Cedar Hill and Sharp Springs are both solid. Seven Oaks is decent, but usually more crowded and a slower round.

I'd go Cedar Hill first, Sharp Springs second and Seven Oaks third. But depending on where you are and what time you are playing geography and traffic might come into play. Enjoy.

It depends on what type of course you're looking to play. For BG reference, I think Seven Oaks is like Hobson Grove. Cedar Hill is kind of like a longer Kereiakes with more trees and elevation. So basically a completely different course. Haha. Sharp Springs is similar to SKYCTC as far as variety.

I mention BG courses just to be sure you've played them already. Phil Moore is a bomber friendly course just outside of BG and Holler in the Hills is a must play. That's 5 courses much closer. The Franklin, KY course isn't bad either.

I agree with the Cedar Hill, Sharp Springs, 7oaks ranking. Weirdly enough, my top 3 in BG are Kereiakes, SKYCTC, Hobson. I'll say it again; Holler in the Hills. You can get there in 30min from BG.

I mention BG courses just to be sure you've played them already. Phil Moore is a bomber friendly course just outside of BG and Holler in the Hills is a must play. That's 5 courses much closer. The Franklin, KY course isn't bad either.

I agree with the Cedar Hill, Sharp Springs, 7oaks ranking. Weirdly enough, my top 3 in BG are Kereiakes, SKYCTC, Hobson. I'll say it again; Holler in the Hills. You can get there in 30min from BG.

I have not played all of the BG courses yet, but I'd really like to add another state to my list...pretty sure I'm only at 15 or 16 so far, which is why I have been scoping out the Nashville area courses.

Thank you for the Holler in the Hills tip. I have heard and read about it previously, but simply forgot that it is so close to BG...now I'm going to have to figure out a way to squeeze that into my schedule for sure.

What's the deal with the Cedar Hill parking lot? Over zealous park rangers and/or cops?

Holler in the Hills and The Goat Path are both within an hours drive of BG. Holler is long and The Goat Path is short. They compliment each other well.

Holler has elevation but only one long 740' par 4 hole. The next longest is 368', and half the course is under 300'. But it will take 3 hours to hike it, especially if you play A-E.

Cedar Hill is 10min N of town. Sharp Springs is 40min SE of town. I mention this b/c it might take you an extra hr to get to Smyrna. Sharp Springs is a great course, and this is a great time of year to play it, but I'm not sure its worth passing Cedar Hill to spend the extra gas money.

So if I was in KY, and I could only play 1 Nashville course, Cedar Hill would be it, then maybe hit Franklin-Simpson or Phil Moore on the way back.

What's the deal with the Cedar Hill parking lot? Over zealous park rangers and/or cops?

Outside of the m4m, its fine. Its regularly patroled by park police, I only mentioned it because sloppy was pulled over the first time we played there.

Holler in the Hills and The Goat Path are both within an hours drive of BG. Holler is long and The Goat Path is short. They compliment each other well.

I just talked to Howie and confirmed a tee time for the morning of Christmas Eve at Holler....I will probably start around 7:00 or 8:00. If any locals see this, please feel free to join me for the round. :)

Looking forward to playing one of Kentucky's finest!

If the weathers not too horrible, I could be down for that Christmas Eve round.

Most everybody has said the same thing, and I would agree that Cedar Hill is #1, then a toss up between Seven Oaks and Sharp Springs, however SS would take about an extra 25-30 minutes to get to.

I am a bit biased toward SS as it is my home course that I play all the time, and absolutely love the variety.

In the other direction in KY, Holler is a must play if you want something unique.

Latest posts