• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nate The Great? [Sexton]

I met Nate once at Texas States. His demeanor is confident and friendly. He likes meeting people and talking to them, you can tell. That makes him a great person to meet.

As a fan, it is his structured play and enjoyment of the process that earns my loyalty. Take Ricky as a contrast. The guy's style is hard on himself and a constant barrage of "junk" and semi-annoyance at his own play. Yep, he's a damned fine player, but not a lot of fun to watch, for me. Nikko has similar problems, it's painful to watch at times. I like Eagle's focus and he isn't wearing it on his sleeve. It's a matter of amount. Everyone gets annoyed but if it is the sum total of your game, then it's a lot to swallow. Focus is fine for me, but the outward annoyance that is a constant takes the fun out of it.

if he has a great attitude why did he call brp soft then get mad when a spectator called him out on his comment?

you still owe me some discs if i recall correctly ;) i would hate to have you owe me moar

This is the second time I've seen you dredging this up just casually browsing this place. What are you talking about? Link or STFU. But you won't, too slick :popcorn:

Sexton shot a crazy round at BRP and said something along the lines of: "the course seems to be playing a little soft because a player like me shouldn't be able to shoot that low."

Then some local got butthurt and heckled him during a later round during actual play.

Super classy.

I met Nate once at Texas States. His demeanor is confident and friendly. He likes meeting people and talking to them, you can tell. That makes him a great person to meet.

As a fan, it is his structured play and enjoyment of the process that earns my loyalty. Take Ricky as a contrast. The guy's style is hard on himself and a constant barrage of "junk" and semi-annoyance at his own play. Yep, he's a damned fine player, but not a lot of fun to watch, for me. Nikko has similar problems, it's painful to watch at times. I like Eagle's focus and he isn't wearing it on his sleeve. It's a matter of amount. Everyone gets annoyed but if it is the sum total of your game, then it's a lot to swallow. Focus is fine for me, but the outward annoyance that is a constant takes the fun out of it.
I prefer to see those emotions and flaws. I don't have anything against Sexton, but IMO it's way more annoying watching him flip the disc 10,000 times before throwing every time and typically boring watching him play.

Got to see Nate win Ledgestone this weekend in person. It was a thing of beauty. All the pros on his card were good, but he was so smart and methodical, kinda the "ice man". He was just dang good on every throw. Afterwards, I had him sign my Sexton Firebird. He was pleasant, nice, and low key. He used everything to win, he has an impressive forehand flex, backhands, and even a awesome roller on 18. Unfortunately, Ricky and McBeth were not consistent enough to make the lead card. McBeth did shoot 52 on the last round it was a thing of pure beauty.

I found it very interesting to watch the difference in Sexton's overall demeanor during the final round and especially coming down the stretch here vs. USDGC. He was so much more loose down the stretch this time, not being the first big win. Im glad he has gotten comfortable winning this quickly. Not that he let it show in his play at USDGC but he seemed crazy tense.

This is the second time I've seen you dredging this up just casually browsing this place. What are you talking about? Link or STFU. But you won't, too slick :popcorn:

you are not worth my time

i bet you know how to use google anyways :thmbup:

Because the spectator was stupid and misunderstood what Sexton meant, then razzed him DURING the round.

Sexton's sentence, in context, was (and is) correct. A local just got all in his feelings over it.

sounds professional

Best forehand in the game since Ricky stopped throwing FH almost exclusively. A joy to watch.. disappointed he hasn't played Idlewild. Him and Ricky too for that matter. I can see why the crush boys stay away but not those two

I prefer to see those emotions and flaws. I don't have anything against Sexton, but IMO it's way more annoying watching him flip the disc 10,000 times before throwing every time and typically boring watching him play.

Yeah, I can understand that, watching a guy flip a disc 10,000 times isn't nearly as exciting as watching someone slap the basket when he misses a putt, or neurotically roam up and down the fairway while someone else is playing the hole.

For sure, visiting and joking with the other guys on your card isn't nearly as fun as pretending they aren't there unless you're winning and up by ten strokes.

And of course, there's always my favorite, "ya gotta pee? Well, you're on the clock bud."

I'll take Nate, and his manners. It's boring, but I like it.

sounds professional

Sorry, but was this spectator you? Or someone you know?

Because it would appear that nobody else is really interested in your narrative of a heckling spectator being the victim of big, bad Nate Sexton. :popcorn:

Sorry, but was this spectator you? Or someone you know?

Because it would appear that nobody else is really interested in your narrative of a heckling spectator being the victim of big, bad Nate Sexton. :popcorn:

actually you need to check yourself when it happened it was a hot topic so your suggestion of "nobody else" caring is interesting to me

Did you just assume elmex's gender? :eek:

Etymology

From Old Norse fella, from Proto-Germanic *fallijaną. Causative of falla ("to fall").

(transitive, governs the accusative) to fell, to shed
(transitive, governs the accusative) to kill in battle
(transitive, governs the accusative) to fit together
(transitive, governs the accusative) to pleat

He is not boring too watch, especially if you like watching Fh throws. Unique putting style aswell.

I agree. Add to that:

Nate makes phenomenal throws. He plans them out and knows what routes to take. We used to value such analytical skills. The all guns blazing thing looks great and will win multiplayer video games, but it doesn't do much for you in real life.

Take Eagle, the difference in his wins this year and past loses is that he got solid in his strategy. In stress moments, he settles down and makes his throw, whereas such situations used to get under his skin. Now, he sticks with his strategy and plays solid boring... sorry, winning, disc golf.

Simon keeps being #2 cause in moments of excitement, or for fun, he moves away from a solid plan to, "hey let's try this, it'll be fun."

The truth is that solid play with a tactic and game plan always wins. That is one of Paul's striking characteristics. He has his biggest problems when he pushes the envelope of his skill set.

Ricky got good when he quit making mistakes and started focusing on his core strengths and using them.

The notion that Nate is boring was built by commentators, unintentionally. Most specifically, CCDG, whom I happen to like and admire. But they talk frequently about Nate's conservative play. They do it neutrally, their job, but they should talk about it is a net positive. It is.

Sexton only throws FH is his Firebird or Xcal on hyzer, yawn.