• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NC vs. SC friendly

Which day would you like the meet to take place on?

• 11/5/2011

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 11/6/2011

• 11/11/2011

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 11/12/2011

• Total voters

keltik

* Ace Member *
I'm an NC native but I now live in the upperstate of SC (Greenville). our NC meets have been awesome and I wanted to bring that to SC. so I propose a friendly battle of the Carolinas. the format will be doubles best shot. each card will be one NC pair vs one SC pair. the first round will be @ Richmond HIll in Asheville. the second round will be @ Va-Du-Mar in Boiling Springs SC. we can call this Part 1: the battle of I-26.

I propose we have this battle Saturday March 26 at 10am. DST will have started and last I checked there isn't another event running concurrently.

so what sayest ye?

I'm in. How long have you been in the upstate? If you're ever looking for someone to play a round with, I play at one of the Greenville courses 3-5 times per week.

I've only lived here since October, so I'm still learning my way around. great we've got a 3/4 of a card. who else wants to represent?

I am a big maybe, probably not. That weekend in my Anniversary, and we may be out of town. If not, I want in.

Charlotte area?

I'm probably in but wouldn't the Charlotte area be more in the middle between Greenville and Raleigh if most folks are coming from those 2 places? -- great now we have 2 threads on this.

well this got started when I suggested an Asheville based NC meetup. then it snowballed into a rivalry match. I picked Asheville because I've never played there and it's like 20 minutes closer to where I live. now that we've sprawled into a rivalry match Asheville is still closer for the rest of the Upstate since it's further west. I know Asheville a haul from Raleigh. and also these events get people to play unfamiliar places etc.

Yeah, I was gonna say the Charlotte area as well and not just because it would be convenient that I live there. It is pretty centralized for a "vs." meetup of this nature. Either way, I was only able to play the first 9 holes at Richmond Hill in Asheville so I want to make it back up there. Oh, and Va-du-Mar is str8 up awesome. I will definitely try to make it to that course for round 2 as well.

im in..i know several others on here from greenville,clemson, etc.. sounds like fun...i usually play in the border wars during the summer but thats SC vs GA

I'm in for the NC side - trekking from Raleigh and don't mind going to Asheville, since the last time I was there I missed out on playing Richmond Hill. Plus it's Beer City, USA for 2 years in a row. That alone makes it a perfect destination.

Beer city??? Cool, I didn't know that. No wonder bikinjack is always heading to the mountains. He claims to be ice climbing,but know we know the truth.

Assuming I can get away, anywhere is fine for me. But the 26th will be tough. SC is probably routing for my attendance to weaken the NC squad.

ian. I'm hoping you'll spread the word because so far it's me and you and S.Cann representin the palmetto. are there very many SC players on here? I wonder if we can get BennettUA on board.

Yea there is BennettUA and several of his friends on here..i could ask Sarah Stanhope to join in with us..not positive if she is on here or what she might have planned tho..Sadjo is a friend of mine and he is also on here but yea ill see what i can do :)

way to look out ian.

one thing I've been thinking about with this NC vs. SC thing is that I'm not sure we can realistically do a Charlotte area event. sure Charlotte is loaded with courses but there isn't much in Rock Hill/Ft. Mill besides Winthrop. and I like the idea of doing one round in NC and another in SC.

..i could ask Sarah Stanhope to join in with us..not positive if she is on here or what she might have planned tho..

That would be cool if you could get her to join our meetup. She is probably pretty durn good.

way to look out ian.

one thing I've been thinking about with this NC vs. SC thing is that I'm not sure we can realistically do a Charlotte area event. sure Charlotte is loaded with courses but there isn't much in Rock Hill/Ft. Mill besides Winthrop. and I like the idea of doing one round in NC and another in SC.

What's wrong with Boyd Hill? I have never played it yet but I want to. Why wouldnt Boyd Hill do?:confused:

Yeah when I lived in Fort Mill (for all of 2 months) everyone said Boyd Hill was a good place to get mugged. I never went and was too close to Charlotte to bother with it.

If you guys really want to we can do something like Renny Gold one day and Winthrop Gold the next. but this will have to wait until the fall. let's get the battle of I-26 completed and then we'll have the Battle of I-77.

KISS

way to look out ian.

Don't make it too complicated. Nobody wants to drive around when they could be playing. How about pick one state for this meet, and then we play the other state next time. Maybe 3 or 4 months later. If I get to Asheville, I am playing in that area for a couple days. Plenty of courses to hit.