• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NC vs. SC friendly

Which day would you like the meet to take place on?

• 11/5/2011

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 11/6/2011

• 11/11/2011

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 11/12/2011

• Total voters
so far I have for NC:
Chain-Addicted
DiscChucker
Disc_combobulated
aggreen
buzzhen
Sloppy?
BroD?

from SC:
S.Cann
ian.
BennettUA
theOtherBill
me

right now it's pretty even. depending on who shows we could probably do 2 cards with maybe a Cali. I'll play Cali the second round since I may have to disappear suddenly. I've also sent word to CoolerWill and another guy on here that are from the Asheville/Hendersonville area. I don't think there are that many SC guys on here. we may have to borrow billnchristy from GA. lulz

MMMMMmmm... Va-Du-Mar. I wonder if I'll be able to throw by then? (elbow is jacked up).

I liked the 2 state concept... to bad that got ruled out.
Every year we (Asheville Club) have a cross state doubles event with Tennessee and play 2 courses in Asheville the first day and 2 courses in Johnson City/Kingsport area the next day. That could have been hot. Richmond Hill / Mars Hill on Day 1, Va-Du-Mar / Easley on Day 2.

Either way... I might be able to make it. I'm sure if discchainbasket18 finds out, he's in.

DSCJNKY

500th post yay me!

DSCJNKY maybe you could work something out with the Upstate Disc Golf Club (or would it be Hub City?) and have this event. I would definitely hit that up. and I'm like you a two state idea is what I liked best but it is a lot of driving for one day.

it would be super rad if you could make it out. ice that elbow down and quit touching yourself lulz.

Just alternate states. 1st round is in SC. A few months down the road shoot for a NC location. Simple. Maybe try to 2 meets a year. Losing team buys lunch or something like that.

yeah that's what I was thinking sloppy is that the winning state gets home field advantage at the next meetup. I also like the idea of twice a year.

......ice that elbow down and quit touching yourself lulz.

Great advice. Thanks.

I'll try to get down there... even if I have to play Lefty.
(Damn... those final 5 Holes are going to be rough left handed).
DSCJNKY

DSCJNKY maybe you could work something out with the Upstate Disc Golf Club (or would it be Hub City?) and have this event.

We should do an Upstate vs. WNCDGC tournament.
I'll bring it up at our next board meeting.
DSCJNKY

huh???

yeah that's what I was thinking sloppy is that the winning state gets home field advantage at the next meetup. I also like the idea of twice a year.

Home field advantage?? We're planning on playing the first time in SC. I'd say you suthin' boys already have the first home field advantage. We should play for beer or food. Small stakes though. Just pride. Or if we have a talented person among us, we could create a trophy, jug or disc that a member of the winning team gets to keep until next time. Then they can post it on here and talk trash. If I am able to attend this first one, I'll volunteer to find, create or buy the trophy or disc with some input from some of you.

listen carpetbagger, i mean sloppydisc, you ain't organizin' this here shindig. I are. and you can keep your complainin to your old ass carpet baggin self. this is all about pride. and winner picks next location. end o story.

I'd like to play...I can't commit this far in advance...don't know my boys' baseball schedule yet...three kids all playing sports...makes it tough...also I think the last Saturday of March is normally the SC Disc Golf Jrs event in Walhalla...

i got confirmation that DiscChainBasket18 will be attending as well.

I am out. maybe I can catch the 2nd round. Was really looking forward to it. No golf for me for a while.

Home from the Hospital, and on the way. Even ate a little food tonight. Yippee!

I'll have to catch the 2nd round as well. I won't be able to make this first one. I've got work.

just a heads up everything is still going as planned for Saturday March 26 10 a.m. at Va-Du-Mar. 1 round from the Longs then one round from the shorts. we're looking at maybe a dozen guys so it will probably be 2 sixsomes or 3 foursomes.

Latest posts