• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NC

^Well, if you didn't get banned every other week it wouldn't have taken as long. :rolleyes:

I hope the Buckhorn thing is a rumor, that would suck. LoPan works at that plant, doesn't he?

Buckhorn is going to have to be redesigned. The course was supposed to be redesigned a couple years ago but I guess the construction at the power plant was delayed or something.

As for the course in Nashville, one of my friends on facebook posted about it last week. His post said..."Going to out play the new disc golf course in Nashville, NC." no other information was posted so maybe it is a private course...

LoPan12 works at Shearon Harris, and he says the plans to add a reactor, flood the park and increase the size of the lake are way off, or possibly not happening. The money to build a new nuclear reactor is a little prohibitive. Plus it takes years to clear EPA. And probably wouldn't clear the EPA under the current administration.

Lopan??? Wanna give us an update??

I'm guessing the earthquake f'ing up the plants in Japan and then us having an earthquake put some question marks on any new reactor development.

Going to Raleigh to see Panic next weekend and going to play on sat. before the second show...which course should I play. I havent played any of the Raleigh area courses, so any input?

If you are only playing in/near Raleigh, then Buckhorn is probably your best bet - a little bit of a trek south of the city, but not bad. If you are able to make it towards Chapel Hill, I personally think UNC is best course in the triangle - and Leigh Farm (Advanced course) is right there as well.

there's really on two 18hole courses in Raleigh city limits that are public, Kentwood and Cedar Hills. Kentwood is a pitch and putt with light woods and some elevation changes. Cedar Hills is a little longer and a little bit better of a course layout wise. The problem with Cedar Hills is that its really old and the age shows when you play it.

If you don't mind getting out of Raleigh a little bit I recommend Buckhorn at Harris Lake (19 miles from venue). It's not a long course but it's not short either, it's in the woods, there are some water holes and the long tees prove a definite challenge.

If you want a clean cut country day in the park feel you can try Middle Creek (10 miles from venue), it's basically comprised of a lot of holes with mowed down fairways that are 20-40ft wide. It's got some holes that are challenging but quite a few straight on shots with some elevation changes.

Other than that you are looking at driving to Zebulon (20 miles) for a longer course that is mostly lightly wooded and no elevation change. Zeb is a fun course. Or you can drive out to Chapel Hill or Durham and experience UNC (24 miles) or Leigh Farm (21 miles). UNC is another country club type course that goes in and out of woods with quite a few really open long bomb holes, it has good curb appeal and a decent challenge. Leigh Farm has no curb appeal, it's rough around the edges but if you play from the Gold or White advanced tees you are in for a challenge.

I'll be there at the concert both nights as well, have fun. If you post again a little closer to that weekend some of us raleigh guys might be able to meet you somewhere and show you around. If you go to UNC or Leigh Farm print out a map before you go.

Last edited:
yea for sure, my brother and I will be playing, will def. post next week also

New013 nice info, may have to get up at the show or on the course haha

If anyone is free tomorrow (Wed), I am hitting up Leigh Farm around 4pm, starting on hole 5.

NC guys.. we have a poll over in this thread for a November meetup at Fox Chase. If you want to come please vote on the day or weekend which will be most likely for you to attend.

I think I might try to make a trip to Zeb or Leigh Farm around lunch time on Sunday.

lol... Secret Squirrel does stand out. Yea but I'm privatized on that mofo so I can shew away the unwelcome.

Question: If I made a private Social Group for NC meet ups, would you people post in it? If I made one, we can have these kinds of conversations but more candid and less public (so we can post phone #s, places to meet up, bars, restaurants, etc) so von Drehle doesn't have to show all his pedo pics. :p

Plus, it would probably reduce Chain-Addicted's chances of being permab& as he can be his self more.

I feel like we clutter this thread a little with our awesome discussions that aren't meet up related.