• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need opinions on a touchy subject. Bags.

I wasn't saying you made a mistake. I have nothing against a grip (never owned one), but when I was reading your first post I said man that sounds just like my Prodiscus bag.

I did like you did. I did research, research, and more research.
I got a first run flak, had a little issue with it, but nothing really major. They were willing to fix it, but had issues with the manufacturer, but took care of it in the end. Great customer service.

I got my Prodiscus from Kia (sp?) on here. No middleman. Took a little bit to get from Finland, but oh my. I was playing the other day and realized I had 26 discs, 2 towels, hoodie, 2 Nalgenes and several other odds and ends in it. bag is huge.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the grip, I hear lots of good stuff about them. May have to try one myself one day

I know what you meant I was just being a a wise ass because I knew when I posted what I got there would be people who had their choice. I really do like that bag but I think the Grip will work great for my needs. If not I have quads and can trade it for something else.

I think this is what you were asking for. I keep 22 discs in the main compartment and three putters in the putter pocket. I didn't show what I can get in the other pockets but I can get a wind breaker or thin sweatshirt in the side pockets. I keep a birdie bag and a towel in one side pocket and usually fit my jacket or sweatshirt in that pocket with them. In the other I have my mini's, a thick towel and a smaller towel. I keep my keys, cell phone, tape, scissors, wallet, rule book and band aids in the pocket in front of the putter pocket.

exactly what I was looking for. Thanks man. :hfive:

I fit 27 discs in my grip. With hoodies in each side pocket. Thats with 4 putters, around 6 or 7 mids. And a zephyr.

I usually only carry about 15 discs so I have a extra room in the main compartment. But when I filled it to max capacity I just put in on top of the discs where that flap folds in.

How many mids and putters you carry in there? I only carry 4 mids(z buzzz x2, z wasp and flx drone) in there.

8 mids in the main, no putters. I just took all the mids out and replaced with drivers and I physically can not put more than 21 in.

I'm still carrying the In-Flight bag I bought in 1996 for something like $40 or $50 if memory serves, have vowed to do so until it falls apart. Can carry 17 comfortably, or 18 pretty tight...also compartments for minis, a zipper pocket where I carry golf balls to dislodge Discs from trees (the zipper hasn't worked since '98), and a drink container. Simple and to the point. I can make every shot I need to make in that amount of selection, plus it's still reasonably light to carry around.

Yeah, it would sound fun to be able to carry 5 or 6 more Discs. In 20 years, I might get to do that. :)

PRODISCUS bag all the way. feels great on my back and i can fit a sweatshirt in one side and towels and snacks on the other side.

Decided on a Grip bag and placed an order today. I'm bumping this so someone with a Grip can maybe post a few internal pics. I'll also do a quick look through the bag pic thread but I'm trying to get an idea of how many discs can be stored and where so I will be ready to load it up and play the day it arrives. There is an upper shelf storage pocket above the main lower and behind the putter sleeve right? I think I will try to put all my utility discs and less used drivers up there. Any helpful hints or tips from you Grip owners is much appreciated.

I have I think 16 (5-6 mids and 2 approach aviars) in the main compartment and 2 putters in the putter pocket. I dont like things to be too jam packed for ease of getting discs in and out. I also dont like to use the pocket behind the Grip logo for disc storage either. Thats where i put my cigs, phone, keys, and other important stuff I dont want dirty or wet. I also dont use the mesh pocket for disc storage as it makes getting discs out of the main compartment more difficult. I use the 2 side pockets for towel storage and, for this time of year, to hold any layers I take off during my round.

That pocket behind the Grip logo was the selling point for me. It keeps everthing in it off the ground, dry, and compact. Ive never worried about losing anything out of there.

People are going to say Grip and Golf Mahal. Do like I did and get the best of both worlds, get a Prodiscus bag. Holds just as much as a Mahal and doesn't look ugly as sin.

I have 20 in the main compartment easily, 6 in the putter pocket, two of which are condors. I can fit four mids in both of the side pocket pretty well. So five drivers easily. The big pockets that span the side of the bag fit a jacket and some more stuff.

It's comfortable, functional, and looks stunning.

8 mids in the main, no putters. I just took all the mids out and replaced with drivers and I physically can not put more than 21 in.

I have no clue then. I've got 22 in the main compartment right now with four of them being mids.

I like the physical flight Chally Pak. Of course I'm biased. Most comfortable bag in disc golf and designed and approved by a doctor for back comfort.

It has arrived! Big ups to Grip customer service, I sent an email today asking when it would be shipped I hadn't seen an email at all since I ordered. An hour later FedEx was dropping it off. I ordered on the 24th even being 75 miles away I'm impressed I got it before Friday. Very cool

It's definitely made for those who wear the Xtra Medium shirts and not XL. Still, being a big back and chest guy it fits wonderfully and rides high unlike the quads did. It feels great and lightens the load.

I've got about sixteen in the main compartment now without being too snug, two in the upper putter pocket and the z banger in the front sleeve. Love the drink holders for the Nalgene Titans. Storage in the two big pockets on the side is smaller than I thought but still very much adequate for my needs. I'm going to play a round now. Did a little with some fabric markers might color it up some more later.

Thanks for everyone who helped with the decision and info.

6dtkdg.jpg

Cole (sgamerp) has a simian, and it definitely has loads of storage space, plus the fact it has a built in seat is pretty sweet too.

I don't know how well my comp bag would handle me sitting right on it....probably have a bag full of taco's after that...

EDIT: I was faaaar too late.

Finally got around to some pictures.

26 in the bag. Large fleece and hoodie in each pocket.

Condor. Zephyr. 2 minis. 5 putters. 6 mids. 13 drivers.

20121228_115920.jpg

20121228_120125.jpg