• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need opinions on a touchy subject. Bags.

SteezeOG

Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi
I know there are a lot of bag threads but I just want to hear a variety of opinions while in the early stages of my search. Let's keep it civil. :popcorn:

Coming in to a trailer park fortune in a few weeks of disposable income. About $500. :hfive: Don't need to spend more than half of that total but the ceiling is $300. I have three bags but none of them can carry a full compliment of the discs I like while being light and easy on my aging back.

I want it to be a backpack design unless you know of a specific bag that will carry with quad shocks and be just as comfortable on the back as a backpack design is. I already own a set of quads.

I need it to carry plenty of water in the form of two One L Nalgene Titans (Love the Grip for those two pockets) Or if it has a bladder pouch I have one of those that is 3L-100oz because I will want to use it year round and we have nasty summers.

I need it to comfortably carry 5-6 high speed drivers, 6-7 fairway drivers, 6-7 mids/utility/upshot discs, and then I carry two putters in the putter pocket sometimes three.

I don't care if it's an obscure bag/company or something like Grip. If it's a quality bag and fits my needs I will consider everything. I don't want used and I would rather not wait months on my bag being made. When I pull the trigger I hope to have it shipped next day or maybe a week tops. I'm not opposed to ordering colors in stock though. I don't need custom work or embroidery.

So have at it. What's the bag you want on your back if you are spending my three bills? Thanks.

I want the Gorilla boy with the seat build in, but that is just me. There are better bags, but this is what I would buy.

Gateway Player bag. It holds 18 for me (10 of which are putters because I'm a putter hoarder) and a nice drink holder. Rugged, durable, and comfy. Ignore all other posts and buy one.

I bought the gorilla boy simian, the one with built in seat, and I love love love it and so does everybody else that I play with. Hands down an awesome bag! If you play tourney, you can't go wrong with this bag, while I'm waiting for the group to putt out, im sitting and drinking and eating snacks out of my bag, its the ****!

I'll 2nd the Hyzer Bomb Flak for most bag for your money. I've tested a 3rd run prototype and that baby was sweet. Comfortably held 22 discs, 2 32oz Nalgenes, and all kinds of other stuff I needed for that day during a tournament.

i just got the cabelas bag, it is way below your maximum, so you can buy more discs:hfive:. it is very comfy on the back and can be modded in thousands of ways, but hey, thats just my 2 cents

I'm a big fan of the Gorilla Boy Simian, I carry 15-18 discs, there's room for two nalgenes or a bladder fits great in either of the giant side pockets, there's an area under the discs that holds a large hoodie or rain gear and a small hidden pocket for keys/phone/wallet. On top of all that, it has a frame and a padded top so it's a comfy seat without carrying an extra stool.

I recommend the Physical Flight Challenger. Comes with a lifetime warranty and is more comfy than any bag I have carried. I just bought one about a month ago and its awesome, I've owned a grip and golf mahal and it is lighter than both and holds more discs than the grip. It can carry 2-40 ounce water bottles and is made of better quality materials and stitching than grip and has a bad a** angry rhino on the front of the putter pocket. They shipped my bag next day and received within 2 days. I checked the thread and currently only have a few bags left so if you are interested check in and get yours before its sold out. Also they don't charge extra for colors other than black.

I just got a golf mahal and I will never buy another bag. With the adjustable yoke you can set the ride height to your exact specifications... And the storage.... My god the storage!

Mystery Ranch Golf Mahal vote here. It is an older, real bag making company. They have made backpacks and ski bags for years. There is a lifetime warranty that will be honored. And, most importantly, it is so damn comfortable. With the yoke systems they have, it feels like nothing even with a few dozen discs, beers and shirts. Great bag.

Mystery Ranch Golf Mahal vote here. It is an older, real bag making company. They have made backpacks and ski bags for years. There is a lifetime warranty that will be honored. And, most importantly, it is so damn comfortable. With the yoke systems they have, it feels like nothing even with a few dozen discs, beers and shirts. Great bag.

I've seen sloppy's bag and am jealous. It is worth it.

If your budget is $300 then the Golf Mahal is the bag to get. It comes in 3 sizes + the yoke system so it fits any body type. Super comfy. The ability to shrink/expand depending what you need to carry. And as others have said its bombproof.

For the amout of discs you want to carry...20+? That takes the Grip and GB bag out. I squeeeeeze 18 in the main compartment of my Grip, one in the front "pouch" and three in the putter pocket. As for GB, I had one of the 1st Kong bags and I was not impressed at all. It looked like something I would make in my garage. Very poor "fit and finish" and the so called frame was a joke! I've heard they have improved in their quality though, but that ship has sailed.
If you want a bag of the highest quality, bar none. Than the Golf Mahal is the bag fro you! Plus you can fit a crazy amount of stuff in it. Loading the bag from front to back and not side to side. I fit 20 discs no problem in the main compartment and then you still have the adjustable side pockets for even more discs! You can also put a camel back bladder in the bag as well.
So here is the kicker. If you want a bag of the highest quality, Go with the Mahal. However, if you want the best designed bag. The Grip is the way to go! I've had both and went with the Grip, because it fit my needs the best. To me, it was a disc golf designed backpack and the Mahal was a backpack turned in to a disc golf bag. Sounds silly, but you notice the diff after using them both.

For the amout of discs you want to carry...20+? That takes the Grip and GB bag out. I squeeeeeze 18 in the main compartment of my Grip, one in the front "pouch" and three in the putter pocket.

I carry 21 discs in the main compartment of my grip but only five are mids FWIW.

It really all depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for great bags with lots of room for discs get a mahal or prodiscus. If you're looking for a great bag with enough storage but not quite as much as those two get a grip, flak or gb.

I personally have a grip and its everything I need in a disc golf bag. I don't see it breaking down any time soon but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one because of how comfortable it is on my back.

i just got the cabelas bag, it is way below your maximum, so you can buy more discs:hfive:. it is very comfy on the back and can be modded in thousands of ways, but hey, thats just my 2 cents

I agree with this!:hfive: Hey discgolfcrazy, what config are you using currently? I'm doing the reach from the top setup right now.

Grip or Mahal. I own a Grip and love it i can get about 19 discs 3 putters and 6 mids. But the Mahal is an awesome bag as well I might get one if I can get the money.