• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need some bag help!!! Like the million other people here

tweetybyrd120

Hi everybody I am look for some help with my bag right now and any other tips
I'd like to gain more distance because I feel like that's the biggest are I'm lacking in. I can throw my drivers about 270' and I can throw my roc a little shorter than that. Control isn't much of an issue for me I just need it further. Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I throw rhbh. I'm also looking to get a good s curve throw right now I can but pop it too high. Am I using the right discs? What about a right turn driver? I'm also looking for a mid to compliment a roc.

Drivers:
Champ Teebird 171g
Star lite Teebird 150g
Star Eagle X 166g

Those are the main 3 I've been throwing and I've picked those up on the past few weeks.

I also have some discs from when I thought fast discs were the best discs
Champ destroyer not sure on the weight but it's been beat in pretty good
R-pro Wraith 165g (I actually like throwing this and do well with it but I put it away for now)
Champ Valkyrie 170g
Blizzard Vulcan 137g (found it awhile back)
Beat dx leopard not sure on the weight (I never really throw it)

Mids:
Champ Roc+ 175g it's beat in well and it's always been my go to. Been thinking about picking up a roc3 soon or at least another mid. Thoughts?
Beat dx cobra not sure on weight I never throw it anymore

Putters:
Aviar p&a 175g bought it and decided I didn't like making longer throws with it so I bought a...
S wizard 175g got it today but so far I've loved it for my approach shots
Beat Aviar p&a. I found it and it was my putter for awhile but I wanted something stiffer

I've tried to disc down at the start of this season to work on technique and get better distance but am I using the right discs? Other discs to compliment the birds? Right turn driver? (The roc will turn but is there anything better?)

Any tips or critiques would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks!

I love the roadrunner, and as you get a bit more snap or it starts to beat in you will have that dependable right turn out of it. I personally love star and don't care for champ

Your leopard and cobra should be on the neutral to understable side (right turning), actually, especially with some wear on them. Might be time to dust those bad boys off and clean up your form a bit and avoid dropping cash on several new discs, fun as it may be. The teebirds and eagles are just fine.

I'll let someone else answer about a truly understable mid. I mainly just throw Rocs and don't want to spout off a list of discs I haven't even thrown.

Lastly, if you can post a video of yourself and throwing in the technique section you can get a lot of helpful feedback.

I love the roadrunner, and as you get a bit more snap or it starts to beat in you will have that dependable right turn out of it. I personally love star and don't care for champ

Well since I'd only need it situationally would dx be better so it beats in faster and won't see a terrible amount of use?

Any chance I could get my Valkyrie to work as a right turn disc? Or is it difficult to do so with it?

Your leopard and cobra should be on the neutral to understable side (right turning), actually, especially with some wear on them. Might be time to dust those bad boys off and clean up your form a bit and avoid dropping cash on several new discs, fun as it may be. The teebirds and eagles are just fine.

I'll let someone else answer about a truly understable mid. I mainly just throw Rocs and don't want to spout off a list of discs I haven't even thrown.

Lastly, if you can post a video of yourself and throwing in the technique section you can get a lot of helpful feedback.

Thanks a lot! I'll have to force myself to throw the cobra and leopard around some more I guess.
I was planning on taking some video tomorrow or the next time I'm out and posting it there! I always see good feedback for people on there

Latest posts