• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NEVER leave a disc behind!!

Chiefstang

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
This is my buddy in Rochester, NY showing his moxy when it comes to recovering a disc. Funny as Hell!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking MCC, but I haven't been to Rochester since they added North Ponds. Could be either.

I have used my golden retriever many of times for that job......

I'm still not great at it - it takes a while - but I've had much better luck with them on ice than in water (where I don't normally have the visibility for it to be effective).

This is my buddy in Rochester, NY showing his moxy when it comes to recovering a disc. Funny as Hell!!

Insane! I've occasionally wondered how dangerous this is...

Pretty funny to watch him flounder. I'd think once you're thoroughly soaked the premium would be on getting in and out fast. And, I suppose he was only in for a minute or two - and eventually just did go all in.

Did he go straight home after?

Wow. Takes big cojones to even attempt that.

...of course they're smaller after immersion in freezing water, I'm sure.

I'd recommend this next time: I've got a piece of string in my bag...tie it to both ends of a stick, toss it past a disc like that & drag it back in about that many tries.

LOL. Nice work. Makes me a little shameful of the many times I've left a disc that was merely stuck high up in a tree, or surrounded by Poison Oak.

DISC RETRIEVED,
NOBODY DROWNED,
NO FROSTBITE (hopefully),

thumbs-up-150x150.png

EVERYBODY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!

Insane! I've occasionally wondered how dangerous this is...

Pretty funny to watch him flounder. I'd think once you're thoroughly soaked the premium would be on getting in and out fast. And, I suppose he was only in for a minute or two - and eventually just did go all in.

Did he go straight home after?

I guess he played 5 more holes to finish the round! Frickin' nuts!

We had a guy in Colorado get struck by lightning before a tournament round this year, and he played all 18 anyways. I heard he was vomiting the whole time. Disc golf ain't for the weak!

I don't care how much the cost of a disc is to be replaced when self-preservation is in question. He may of been fine doing that but who knows how cold that water was. Not worth the chance of potentially getting hypothermia.

Good times

Latest posts