• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Company - Grip Equipment

Same here. I actually sent J@ an email at work asking if I should have a tracking number and when I got home it was there. Another upside is the shirt feels really nice for just a cotton shirt.

what'shisname said:
zj1002 said:
told last week it was shipping

never got confirmation

sent two emails asking about it

he clams on Facebook that everything is wrapping up for 1st run replacements and he is about to do pre-orders

He needs someone else to organize his company because he really doesnt understand that most of his business will be non-pros. If he isn't available to answer email because he is touring, then he shouldn't be the one who is responding to customers. Most of the advertising I see is focused on getting these in the hands of pros and people who play in A Tiers and NT events.

This is what's bugging me more than everything else at this point. He's prioritizing getting them out to the Pro's, over providing the finished bags as fast as fucking possible to those that have already shelled out the cash. I was curios on the second run timeline here thinking back so I just went and had a look...

Jan. 21st, 2011 - DGR-
what'shisname said:
Man, what the hell is wrong with me? Just pulled the trigger on one that I won't see until March. (hopefully, ha!) I really like my siman already but there some stuff about this bag that really intrigues me. Definitely don't need them both though so one of them will be up for sale within a month or so of tryouts.
(We were looking at a beginning of March ETA at the time I pulled the trigger, FYI)

Posted March 21 2011 - gripeq.com - We cannot release an arrival date yet but it will be this Spring... soon.

Posted March 29 2011 - gripeq.com - The straight talk as of today is that we are scrapping the first run and moving right into a revised second build. Our firm deadline to have this product available is May 31... but we even intend to beat that.

Posted May 24 2011 - gripeq.com - We are on-time and our first shipment will be done by the 31st!

Posted June 23 2011 - gripeq.com - put us back a couple of weeks, but this is nothing even approaching the delays we experienced last year.

hahaha.... yeeeeeeaah. :|

Posted July 12 2011 - gripeq.com - All of those preorders are going out next week as we begin to service the waiting list and kick things off with 20 bags up for grabs at the Am Worlds Flymart!

Booter said:
So instead of sending those 20 bags to people whove been waiting for several months,the people at worlds get to buy it first? What a joke.

Posted July 12 2011 - gripeq.com - All of those preorders are going out next week as we begin to service the waiting list and kick things off with 20 bags up for grabs at the Am Worlds Flymart!

Just removed myself from the waitlist, went with the Mystery Ranch instead, will be at my house in 4-5 weeks. Super good service and prompt up there in Montana.

jsun3thousand said:
Booter said:
So instead of sending those 20 bags to people whove been waiting for several months,the people at worlds get to buy it first? What a joke.

Booter is just salty because he wants a second run bag. I might keep my second run and have this lineup for bags:

Golf Mahal
Grip EQ
Voodoo Juju

juju said:
jsun3thousand said:
Booter said:

Booter is just salty because he wants a second run bag. I might keep my second run and have this lineup for bags:

Golf Mahal
Grip EQ
Voodoo Juju
Nah maybe salty on a magarita but on this,no. I just feel for the people dealin with the wait. Im happy with my mahal. I just scooped up a mojo too so im good :)

Nice. How do you like the mojo so far? I'm torn between that and the juju (not sure if it is big enough for my 'small' bag).

Coldpunk said:
zj1002 said:
The 2nd run just feels better overall. This is what I expected the first time around

Qft
Sounds nice, I'll get mine on Saturday. In Team EU's pic their bags were two-tone, hopefully I'll get one of those (I reserved a Team EU bag).

A guy locally put his bag on ebay. Do a search for grip equipment bag if you're trying to get ahold of one.

So yeah. I emailed Discmania on Wednesday, showed up at the EO Saturday, told them my order number and...
hx6c9j.jpg

10x D-MD2, 2x Hero Praxis 235 and a shiny new (second run) bag.

Everyone already knows the bag, so I'll just say that I never knew how large part my old backpack played in tiring me out during a round, until I tried this bag. I can carry a lot more stuff and not have to worry about back pains. The ergonomics are top notch, usability is great and I do have to say that I love the rain cover, especially the fact that you can easily button and unbutton the lower corners while wearing the bag. And seeing it wasn't really any more expensive than a Revolution Dual Pack would have been over here (though still a metric fuckton more expensive than over there =P ), doesn't need modding (to fix the sagging) and I don't need to carry around 30 or so discs, I'm more than happy with my purchase. Great bag.

Timko said:
Grip bags are finally shipping to the DD pre-orders. I got an email from J@T today.

Was it a shipping confirmation email or a reply to one of your emails? I emailed asking him if the rumor I heard about the DD orders shipping this week was true and he replied that it was but didn't confirm that it had shipped yet or anything.

I got an email this morning asking for my shipping address. I sent it to him, and told him I'm leaving for a business trip on Sunday so sending it out today would be best. He said I'd get it before Sunday. I think he's verifying everyone's address to make sure they're right, then sending them out as he gets the addresses.

Granted, I live 40 miles away from him, so I'd expect it to be shipped in 1 day.

Latest posts