• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

I tried 2 Rekos, a Berg, and 2 Jokeri. Berg is pretty thick for 5. 3 Rekos and 2 Jokeri work fine though.

Is there a general consensus on which cart fits an octothorpe bag the best?

I've got mine on an EZ-cart and it works great. Love the lift of the platform that the bag sits on for grabbing stuff out of the top/side of the bag. Only thing I would recommend is getting the fenders for the cart to prevent any contact between the bottom of the bag and the wheels.

I spoke with Levi yesterday and he said the Rufus will be a very minimalistic bag. It will be similar to the layout of the Carlton, but think a little shorter in the overall length and without any of the side pockets. He said he's still playing with the design of the bag in terms of working in any additional storage (outside of discs), but that there would be very little onboard storage, mostly relying on the space where you would store discs if you really needed to carry other "things".

Any more word on the rufus? I've been looking at the Grip G and hoping for a Pound bag to get me through some simple rounds like the Grip G would.

Any more word on the rufus? I've been looking at the Grip G and hoping for a Pound bag to get me through some simple rounds like the Grip G would.

Ditto. That sounds right up my alley as long as it doesn't have the deep well storage style of the Carlton. I am not really a fan of that design but am in the market for a 12-15 disc bag.

Looks like the rainfly for the Carlton is ready for pre-orders

CarltonFly_Black_wBlue_grande.jpg

Looks like the rainfly for the Carlton is ready for pre-orders

CarltonFly_Black_wBlue_grande.jpg

On the second round, maybe 3rd at this point. They started a couple days ago, going out in batches of 100. I snagged a Black and Tan one in the first batch.

On the second round, maybe 3rd at this point. They started a couple days ago, going out in batches of 100. I snagged a Black and Tan one in the first batch.

I have been watching the pound website a few times a week and this is the first time i have seen the Rain-fly on their site.

Time for a new try to buy a Carlton then, my first one did not go so well

Maybe time for a new Octo as well, my first Big Jerm one in white starting to look "not so nice anymore"
Not really smart of me to buy a white one, ,my next one will be darker and rain-fly on it most of the time.

since i already have a Octotorpe it could be fun to buy an Octo-Haul this time. .

With "only" 18discs in the main and 4 putters on top will the Octo Haul feel much larger/heavier than the Octothorpe?

since i already have a Octotorpe it could be fun to buy an Octo-Haul this time. .

With "only" 18discs in the main and 4 putters on top will the Octo Haul feel much larger/heavier than the Octothorpe?

Not at all. You can cinch the haul pockets down with the straps to make it basically the same size as the Thorpe.

Had to ship my Octothorpe in for a repair, took about 2 weeks total to get it back from the time I shipped it. Easy communication by email and kept me updated when the repair was finished and the bag was being shipped back.

And I'm so glad to have it back - I like the shift but being able to add a couple extra utility discs and the overall comfort is just unmatched. Still, looking at getting a custom carlton next year...

Not at all. You can cinch the haul pockets down with the straps to make it basically the same size as the Thorpe.

Can´t really find any pics with the haul pockets cinch down, but it sounds like a nice idea. . but still it´s $50 more for not THAT much "more bag" over the Octo

And to get a +$500 bag ( with rain-fly ) to Sweden is going to ad another $160 . .

Hard to decide. . i have a Octo and a Grip BX. . .hmm Octo-haul or Carlton next?

Looks like the Haul is 0,5kg heavier than the Octo
And 3" Wider at Bottom and 1" at Top

So the extra size don´t really worries me. . but that extra weight kind of do

Thinking about a custom Octo-Haul and a stock Carlton with rain-fly for wet rounds ( i carry less discs in the rain )

I had some fun customizing and reorganizing my Octothorpe today. I finally found a decent way to affix a seat to the bag which is the only thing it was missing for me to call it a perfect bag.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 113
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 94
What's the name/brand of the seat that you affixed? How is it holding up when you walk around with it?

What's the name/brand of the seat that you affixed? How is it holding up when you walk around with it?

Here's the stool. https://wild.link/amazon/ALbgEw There was a fair amount of jerry-rigging going on. I had to cut out the middle section of the stool as it was way too tall. This was difficult as there is a stretchy cord that holds them together and I did not want to cut that. The cord was not stretchy enough to hold the 2 pieces together without the middle so I ended up taping the sections together. Then I had to take off the larger rubber bottom as it does not fit in the umbrella holder all the way down. It does have a small one that works fine. I will be making a trip to home depot to get a thicker metal sleeve something like this 1-inch pipe https://wild.link/homedepot/ALvgEw to go down the umbrella holder as the stool leg is fairly thin and only has one point of contact and needs a bit more rigidity.

This is the best thing I have found to be able to legitimately sit on. I have tried a custom PVC frame and a metal frame out of the ridge roller bag. I also have this coming in the mail soon as another option. https://wild.link/amazon/ALngEw The only drawback to keep in mind; this only has 1 point of contact, so it's not something you can kick back and put your feet up while sitting on. It's more of a quick resting spot, which I think seems to be perfect for disc golf.

I just put it on today, but it is sturdy enough, and is very light and is not noticeable when walking. I will have to monitor the wear on the bottom of the bag, but I don't see it being an issue.

Last edited:
Just gotta say how awesome the rainflys are! Got mine in just in time and used it this weekend. No rain, but super muddy and sloppy conditions. Rainfly was easy to put on, never got in the way, and kept my bag spotless

Just gotta say how awesome the rainflys are! Got mine in just in time and used it this weekend. No rain, but super muddy and sloppy conditions. Rainfly was easy to put on, never got in the way, and kept my bag spotless

Just to bad that the Fly is always sold out :(

And now the Orange small zippers are gone to . . . i can never get my Octo-Haul done