• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag company LBBAGS

Just gotta say how awesome the rainflys are! Got mine in just in time and used it this weekend. No rain, but super muddy and sloppy conditions. Rainfly was easy to put on, never got in the way, and kept my bag spotless
I can second that , got my Octo + Rainfly Yesterday (yay build time + delivery to sweden + customs and lazy swedish postal service.. (ok they were quite quick , only 1 week for custom clearance )) And the rainfly , so easy so simple and still top Quality . I have had a Grip AX, got a UP Shift and none of them are as simple to put on or remove .

Great bag aswell , might post some pics when im home back from work :)

Any updates on a smaller bag from Pound? I'm really looking for something more "traditional" in layout and appearance than the Carlton - more in the CX / Pinch style. Would love a "small" version of the Octothorpe that holds 10-14 discs and a jacket or two.

I've seen social posts about two "smaller" packs this year, does anyone have any inside knowledge?

Any updates on a smaller bag from Pound? I'm really looking for something more "traditional" in layout and appearance than the Carlton - more in the CX / Pinch style. Would love a "small" version of the Octothorpe that holds 10-14 discs and a jacket or two.

I've seen social posts about two "smaller" packs this year, does anyone have any inside knowledge?

He's working in the first rapscallion backpack. After that I think he will start working on the smaller bag.

I got some Pound gift cards for my birthday, finally going to pull the trigger on a bag soon. I am SO torn between a Carlton and an Octothorpe. Does anyone here actually have/use both of them? I recently read some not great comments about Carlton durability.

I am right on the edge with the number of discs I carry. Typically 18-20, which fits my Flak4 perfectly but it feels heavy. Both bags should be lighter than the Flak4.

The longer I think about it, the more I feel like I should go full Octothorpe. I still break out my old Revo bag with quads from time to time for lighter rounds, I could keep doing that for lunchtime or glow rounds where I just need a 10-12 disc setup.

If you carry between 18-20 discs, then you will not have a lot of extra storage with the Carlton. You will have one haul pocket and the middle area for storage/water. I have not used both, but it seems to me that you are on the right track thinking Octo.

Btw, what are the not great comments about the Carlton durability that you have read?

I just saw a couple random comments, I think on Reddit, where people said the fabric durability was not good after a season. That they needed to baby it a little bit to avoid the overall structure breaking down. So far that's really the only negative thing I've heard about the Carlton.

Only other factor is that I'm not a huge fan of any of the stock Carlton colors. With the custom Carlton at $350, it might make more sense to just wait until there's a special Octo run that I like the looks of. They seem to release unique colorways way more often for the Octo, and the price would be a wash (or close).

Ahh, gotcha. I have had mine since July and it is in great shape so far. :knocks on wood:

Hear ya on the colors. I wasn't crazy about any of them either and went custom. If you follow their IG, you can hop pretty quickly if you see an omakase you like.

Yes! Years from now, you won't care about the extra $, but will still dig that awesome bag. I know for sure I built that same color combo. Looks great!

I keep telling myself I will wait to get a new bag once I win a tournament or something. Still waiting on that part.

I have used those darn pack builder portals so many times it's disgusting. I really might pull the trigger on a Carlton though. I am keeping a simple bag but love the carry feel and details. Finally sold myself on the carry design but I've got two questions for people who have them.

I am planning on using the vertical 3 disc pockets on both sides and the haul pockets for disc storage as much as I can, leaving as much room as possible inside the bag for storage and spare or rarely-used discs rather than using that as the main disc storage- but how big are the internal compartments?? Can someone throw a tape measure in theirs for me to get a basic dimension? I want to find some rigid storage that will fit inside one of the sides and I think the Carlton has big storage potential when utilized that way.

Also, has anyone gotten sick of the design? I feel like it's growing on me but has it gone the other way for any owners? If so, why?

Thanks. Seems like a great pack for someone like me who carries well under 20 discs but it is a unique design with its quirks. A smaller Octo does indeed sound nice so I may hold out but I do like the Carlton more every time I see it.

Huh, that is a very creative idea. Interesting. Any reason you're leaning that way, instead of the more standard load-up?

The two main compartments each have a footprint of about 9 in. X 4 in., and a height up to the bottom of the opening of about 9.5 in. The middle compartment is maybe 2 or 3 inches wide, but its walls are definitely softer. That's the best I could do with cramming a rigid tape measure into there.

Huh, that is a very creative idea. Interesting. Any reason you're leaning that way, instead of the more standard load-up?

The two main compartments each have a footprint of about 9 in. X 4 in., and a height up to the bottom of the opening of about 9.5 in. The middle compartment is maybe 2 or 3 inches wide, but its walls are definitely softer. That's the best I could do with cramming a rigid tape measure into there.

Thanks for checking! I like the discs exposed for easy access mostly. I only bag 15-18 discs also, so raw capacity isn't really an issue. The deep wells are still awesome space though, so I was trying to get an idea of what I was working with there. I am completely in love with the Pound shoulder straps, carry comfort & overall quality but the Octo is just a bit too big for my needs and I don't think I'd like my discs buried down deep in the middle of the Carlton either tbh.

I figure between a haul pocket and, say, 4-5 fairways in the 3 disc sleeve I'm covered for drivers on that one side. On the other side I can put my 3 main putters in the stack and all my mids in that haul pocket. Without discs packed in the middle those lowest 3rd pockets should be easier to utilize.

If it works like it does in my head I'll love it forever. I have dreams of a well stocked provisions center in there and enough space for me to keep my official league/tourney stuff organized. They make some really cool sealed containers and compact coolers etc. now so all my accoutrements can have a safe spot if I nerd out hard enough on it lol

I'm going to test drive the 'discs in the haul pockets' layout this weekend. I think it would kind of feel like the old Golf Mahal setup like that.

The current layout I use is perfectly fine, and having the discs in the 'normal' interior compartments works well for me. I use the double putter pockets though, just because I carry 4-5 putters at all times (5 depends if I have a breaker or zone in the bag) Since I use those the most I wanted them in an easy to access part of the bag

I'm going to test drive the 'discs in the haul pockets' layout this weekend. I think it would kind of feel like the old Golf Mahal setup like that.

The current layout I use is perfectly fine, and having the discs in the 'normal' interior compartments works well for me. I use the double putter pockets though, just because I carry 4-5 putters at all times (5 depends if I have a breaker or zone in the bag) Since I use those the most I wanted them in an easy to access part of the bag

Yeah I putt with a champ birdie though, so the likelihood of fitting two in the double pocket is slim to none.

Levi - I hope you and your employees are holding up well. I'll be purchasing a Toolbox as soon as this COVID thing calms down and shipping returns to normal.

Just wanted to show my support to a great small business in our community. I've loved my Octo since I first got it years ago. It's my bag for life.

How'd you like it?

It was a good alternative. Only able to fit about 15 discs in just using the haul and putter pockets. The good thing is, that the insulated drink holders fit just fine in the 'standard' disc storage area, making it even more versatile.

It was a good alternative. Only able to fit about 15 discs in just using the haul and putter pockets. The good thing is, that the insulated drink holders fit just fine in the 'standard' disc storage area, making it even more versatile.

Well... Sounds like the wife is about to be mad at me!

I finally did it. Was literally minutes away from pulling the trigger on a full custom Carlton when I was scrolling through a random pound group and saw almost the exact bag I was building- but for sale used. Hit the guy up and made a deal, I'll have it this week! Boom!! I wanted purple and kryptek, with all grey accents and one just fell in my lap, no wait and way cheaper. I couldn't say no to that.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=71338&stc=1&d=1587266775

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=71339&stc=1&d=1587266775

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=71340&stc=1&d=1587266775

Attachments

• 071324E1-3AD0-4043-A6E0-BAD3C92E597B.jpg
    071324E1-3AD0-4043-A6E0-BAD3C92E597B.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 134
  • 89367938-1E2E-4540-B493-B937233AD243.jpg
    89367938-1E2E-4540-B493-B937233AD243.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 94
  • BE165817-E122-4F9E-A1FB-B36563F2E038.jpg
    BE165817-E122-4F9E-A1FB-B36563F2E038.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 91

Latest posts