• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Bag Configuration

drickanderson

Double Eagle Member
Ok. I think I've settled on my bag configuration for now:

Distance
ESP - Surge (freakishly overstable for a surge)
X - Avenger (broken in and dead straight)
Z - Avenger SS (turnover driver)
DX - Valkyrie (beat to hell BH roller disc)

Fairway
Champ - Banshee (Overstable)
Z - Stalker (dead straight)
Champ Leopard (turnover)

Mid
Q - Sentinel MF (Overstable)
Z - Buzzz (dead straight)
Z - Comet (turnover)

Putter
D - Magnet
D - Zone (primary putter)

Any thoughts? This will be what I use on the weekends, because I'm limited to 4 discs during the week.

It would be nice to know how far you throw each disc. Firebird/Predator in place of that Banshee IMO.

I think the banshee is more of a utility disc or a 1 trick pony. Where as a predator/firebird are better all around discs

Stick with the Banshee, IMO. A Pred will probably overlap with your freakishly os Surge.

I think the Banshee is a good fit, considering the distances you are throwing. The Firebird takes alot of juice to get it up to speed.

Banshee is good disc, and definitely not a one-trick pony.

Bag looks solid. You could probably consolidate the Valkyrie and A-SS with one mold in various stages of beatness, if you so desired.

I think the Banshee is a good fit, considering the distances you are throwing. The Firebird takes alot of juice to get it up to speed.

Now that I see how far you are throwing, I agree with Toothyfish.

Thanks for the input people. I played with it today, and threw +3 at Red Ridge (best thus far is +2). I even contemplated removing the Distance Driver section for a bit, just for kicks, but everything was just flopping around in my bag when I did that ... lol

Yeah, its a solid bag. The thing I would consider is picking either the Avenger SS or the beat DX Valk. I would go Avenger SS since it will eventually beat up as well. And Im not a fan of using the Surge as an OS distance driver. One day, its going to suprise you and just keep going. I would maybe try to trade it off for an Avenger in better plastic; which would match your X Avenger in feel and the Surge in stablity.

Bags good enough to where you dont have to do a thing; just some opinions there.

I think you have a solid bag. If it were me personally though, I'd swap out the Avenger SS for another Valk in Champ or Star. I love the Valkyrie though so I'm biased. I keep one in my bag for rollers and another for turnovers and S shots.

There are a few discs in your bag that I have no experience with, but from what I've learned...

-Upgrade your X Avenger to Z, you will have no need for the Surge(until it breaks in anyways)
-Add a Cro for those windy mid shots
-Try a Star Wraith if you can and see how it flies for you. You may like a used one, already broken in.

What I've been doing with my bag is using any brand new disc I get as my overstable distance driver, allowing it to break it and then figure out if I can actually use it. It will take time, but it looks like you've got all your bases covered for now. You'll move away from the DX Valk at some point once you are able to start turning over more stable discs. Work on your form, your bag looks good

You could use a nice Teebird in there for a reliable fading fairway. It might even take the place of your distance drivers for a bit. It has the straightness of the stalker, but I find it flies much further with the same effort, although the end fade is a bit stronger.

I went from about 290 with fairways up to about 330 now with a teebird/leopard combo.

Distance - 325-335
Fairway - 290-310
Mid (and Zone) - 250-270
Putters - ~200

if you work a little on discing down you could likely get the stalker up to your 325-335 range and the buzzz up to or past the 300 mark. but i'd say the bag looks solid, you have everything covered without a lot of overlap