• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Brushy Creek Teepads

jtencer

Eagle Member
I just played Brushy creek for the first time in a while and noticed the nice new concrete teepads. I really appreciate whoever has been working on this. If you all need extra help, give me a PM.

I was just wondering about the placement on hole 18. Is that an intentional redesign or what?

I just played Brushy creek for the first time in a while and noticed the nice new concrete teepads. I really appreciate whoever has been working on this. If you all need extra help, give me a PM.

I was just wondering about the placement on hole 18. Is that an intentional redesign or what?

As in Brushy Creek MUD?

Yeah. They've got new pads in on about half of the holes and have dug out most of the others for installation.

The pad on 18 is about 30 feet from where I've always played 18. It's behind that big bush... About 6" behind the bush. You'd have to throw off the back of the pad in order to get around it.

18 will face the opposite direction and throw to a new basket. The current 18 basket will be a practice basket once everything is finished. It will take the parking lot out of harms way for the noobs like me. Awesome work by WannaPlay. This will drastically improve this course IMO.

Awesome work by WannaPlay. This will drastically improve this course IMO.
I couldn't agree more. A few of those natural tees were treacherous for run-ups. I enjoyed the course when I played it. But some smooth pads are going to be very much appreciated.

OK cool. I wonder what the new hole is going to be like. Is there much land up there?

My only two complaints about that course were the poor footing on tees and the lack of a designated practice basket for before rounds. That's a really great job by those guys.

My buddy and only play the courses with par 4's and 5's, except Old Settlers. I love Wilco, Manor, Circle C and the Met. How does this course compare? Am I missing out?

My buddy and only play the courses with par 4's and 5's, except Old Settlers. I love Wilco, Manor, Circle C and the Met. How does this course compare? Am I missing out?

Brushy Creek MUD is definitely worth checking out, especially with the new concrete pads. It does have one par 4 (#5, 600ft) and three other holes that give you a chance to air one out to 400ft. Other than those 4 holes, it is a pretty short course, but fun IMO. In other words, a "birdie fest". Of the courses you listed, it is most like the Met b/c of the very high birdie factor (w/ most of the longer holes @ the Met being pretty easy par 4's & 5's).

You're not gonna be blown away by it, but it is a ton of fun. Maybe it's just a nostalgia factor being where I learned to play and all, but i still love going there even with bigger more technical courses all around. All the new improvements make a good course great, although i don't know about the new 18, I have this feeling that the people who live over in the houses behind it are gonna open up a used disc store real soon.

Brushy Creek is a good practice course. Lots of birdies out there and only a few possible bogeys. Good mix of technical holes and some wide open holes... I live right up the street from there and play it at least 5 times a week