• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Course coming to Central, SC

Sadjo

* Ace Member *
Learned today that the Central, SC park and rec is/will purchase 9 baskets if local players come up with funding for the second 9 baskets. A group of us are meeting at the proposed site Sunday to begin layout and to talk about fund raising.

After 4 new courses installed in the SC Upstate in 2010, we should have course our first 2011 addition within a couple of months.

The 2nd new 18 in the SC Upstate should be ready by April or May...awesome...

Learned today that the Central, SC park and rec is/will purchase 9 baskets if local players come up with funding for the second 9 baskets. A group of us are meeting at the proposed site Sunday to begin layout and to talk about fund raising.

After 4 new courses installed in the SC Upstate in 2010, we should have course our first 2011 addition within a couple of months.

The 2nd new 18 in the SC Upstate should be ready by April or May...awesome...
Nice. Lots of really good courses in the upstate !!!

what are the courses in upstate that were put in in 2010?

Furman University put in a 9-hole course in Greenville.

A 9-hole course went into Mountview Park in Clemson - A Boyscout project.

An 18-hole course went into Anderson at the Civic Center.

An 18-hole course was installed at Chattooga Belle Farm in Long Creek. It's a pay to play.

And 18 baskets and tees were added to River Chase Golf Course in Union.

I guess that's 5 courses, not 4 courses.

2011 projects in the SC Upstate include 18 additional holes in Seneca. Six baskets are already in the ground but there are no tee signs or tee pads yet...or numbers on the baskets.

Central's course...will be 18 holes.

Chau Ram County Park in Oconee County might be installed in 2011. Depends on fund raising efforts.

I'm sure there will be more. My goal for 2011 is to do a proposal for a new course once a month on average. I've already done one this month and I have one more next week and two proposals in February.

Quit bogarting all the courses! The Peedee would like some Disc Golf courses too you know! :p

J/K That's sweet! South Carolina is really taken off with Disc Golf over the last few years! It's nice to see how it spreading!

Quit bogarting all the courses! The Peedee would like some Disc Golf courses too you know! :p

J/K That's sweet! South Carolina is really taken off with Disc Golf over the last few years! It's nice to see how it spreading!

Yeah...you do need courses in the Peedee...give me a reason for a road trip to your part of the state...

I hate the thought of ever leaving this disc golfer's paradise! I'm 30 easy minutes from about 10 courses, and within 90 minutes the circle is just silly! Charlotte, Asheville, Columbia, Winthop, get up to 2 hours and I can get Atlanta, IDGC, etc. Were spoiled up here on the sport, and more coming!

Apparently the day is coming when every little town in the Upstate has its own course.

Amazing.

Apparently the day is coming when every little town in the Upstate has its own course.

Amazing.

You just never know when a planted seem might grow. Two and a half years ago Sarah Stanhope sent out an email about the town of Central having a meeting about some land that was going to become a new city park. She had asked for Disc Golf players to attend the meeting.

Sarah, I and several others showed up and two or three of us address the council. Didn't hear anything since that meeting till this news. While I don't know if anyone at that meeting can take credit, I know it didn't hurt the effort.

Latest posts