• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Course in Grand Prairie, TX

Carter

Eagle Member
I just read on the Title Disc website that they are having a fund raising tournament for the Veterans Open at a new course at Turner Park in Grand Prairie. I've been looking for info on the course and I am wondering if the course has been finished yet? Titledisc says that this "benefit" tournament is an "opening" for the new course. Anyone have any information about this course???

thanks for the info! $ 20 entry sounds sweet. Looks like a great place for a course.

untitled.jpg

From the sounds of it, this course might turn out crazy awesome. There's a few 800+ foot holes, and possibly some big elevation changes.

I would encourage everyone possible to attend out of pity at least haha. Not just because Veterans is my home course, but as some of you may know Texas has 2 a tiers a year, state championships, and the veterans park open. This year we were going for $2500 cash for 1st place. We might still make it, but a couple months ago one of our club members was robbed, and around $1500 (ALL of the club money) was taken. So you could say we're scrambling, since we already held our C-tier fundraiser tourney in july, the timing couldn't have been worse.

I got to play 3 rounds at Turner last weekend...it was a blast! Lots of elevation and manicured grass, good mix of long/short, open/wooded, uphill/downhill, etc. Plenty of birdie opportunities, but also several long challenging holes...and water hazards too.The tees were pretty messy from all the rain, but according to locals I spoke with, the city is about to install 12ft concrete tees pretty soon.

Finally played Turner a few times this weekend. Bring Bug spray. When the tees get put in, this course will be amazing. I feel like that is the only thing holding it back.
Tough elevation, uphill low ceiling shots. The pin locations are placed on steep slopes. There are a number of tough left to right shots that aren't necessarily good for flick shots. Also, most holes have mando's that keep you honest. Fun, extremely challenging course. One of the toughest to score on in the metroplex.

Went back last week...some of the pins and tees were moved out of the nastiest mud and into areas of lesser muddiness (but still kinda muddy). More signs were up, but not all 18 yet. I hear that concrete tees got pushed back to early 2010.

Word on the PDGA board is that the 10am Saturday mini has been having a great turnout...something like 50 people one week! Apparently the 53 I shot during my last casual round would have tied for first at the last mini, so I'm gonna give it a shot this Saturday...see if I can't get my hands on some of that payout :wink:

Story on the street is that concrete tees will be installed before the end of the month..... :shock:

That is just dandy. I am going out there one afternoon this week to make sure that are up to snuff. I will be playing Turner at least once a week now.

Latest posts