• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New distance record WIIIIITHHH....

I have a 138 pretty seasoned Blizz boss that I hyzerflip into a headwind no problem.

Hyzerflip a 138 boss into a headwind, u must have one stable as heck boss. All of the sub 140 bosses that I have thrown turn to rollers unless thrown on a distance line and not a golf line.

Cool I suppose. The video.. How far can he throw a normal Boss? Anybody know what the world record is for a completely calm day?

How far can he throw a normal Boss?

I'm not sure what your definition of "normal Boss" is but they come in at least 5 or 6 plastics across a wide range of weights. Wiggins can throw all discs far, but he chose a Blizzard Boss because he felt it would fly farther than all the rest.

Congrats DW Jr.! You broke a ten year old record with a new revolutionary plastic. Speed 13 discs have been out for a couple years and nobody could turn that into a new world record. Couple an absolute distance master with a speed 13 low weight, high glide disc and we have a new record holder. It is a matter of time before someone breaks 900. Can someone name a bigger technological leap bigger than this since the invention of the triangle rim?

This past weekend I played my home course that I have been playing on and off for 15 years and on two holes I ripped my longest drives ever with a 150g Katana. Prerube or somebody said they can't understand the blizzard haters. I think I get it, they are being sarcastic or they have form problems. Throwing lighter discs takes great form or it will flip like a crack ho. This plastic is a game changer. Virtually every disc golf course just got a little shorter. Yep, I know that my extra 40 feet is relative because my young monster armed friends will tack on an extra 60 but that's fine. It still gives me options on holes I never had before.

I will predict this record does not last long and we might just see several new world record marks in the next few years. It is a new era folks!

Cool I suppose. The video.. How far can he throw a normal Boss? Anybody know what the world record is for a completely calm day?

I saw him at am worlds a couple of years ago. He put a destroyer out something like 620-640 if I remember correctly. But there wasn't much wind or anything.

Those distance lines in the wind like that are weird

I thought it was only a 15mph wind when he was throwing, that's not all that unusual of conditions to throw in...

Probably been said here, but the downside is that when I am talking someone out of throwing the Boss a max of 300', I can no longer say "yeah, it is fast, bud do you know what disc has the distance record?" Then again; not like a Valk is what that person should be using, but it was at least a step in the right direction.

I love the people who blizzards are lame dont work. Then they turn around and say that this shouldnt count.

Bliz plastic takes more skill and practice to throw effectively from what i have seen.

@Technohic now you can tell them if they cant hit 800feet with their boss its to much disc for them :p

Probably been said here, but the downside is that when I am talking someone out of throwing the Boss a max of 300', I can no longer say "yeah, it is fast, bud do you know what disc has the distance record?" Then again; not like a Valk is what that person should be using, but it was at least a step in the right direction.

Lower speed sales pitch:

Step 1: Innova makes a 130g Blizzard Teebird
Step 2: Hold distance competitions with nothing but that disc until someone breaks the record.

Who cares what people throw? If the disc is PDGA approved, then anyone should be able to use it. If you don't like it, don't throw it, but don't complain when other people throw legal discs. You people are using the same arguments as 13 year olds on xbox live concerning "n00b guns"

I thought it was only a 15mph wind when he was throwing, that's not all that unusual of conditions to throw in...

+the updrafts. That is why they do those crazy throws. To catch not just a tailwind but to rising air that will take the disc into the air.

there was talk in this thread about how the wind has a large effect on these distance records...

i think we can all agree that it does. but indoor places just aren't accessable, common or sufficiently sized yet.

even still, i'd love to see what those big arms can do at that moffett airfield that was mentioned earlier.

eventually, when there are a few indoor places that fit the bill, the indoor record still wont count as much as it should because people will still only look at the inflated numbers. humans are mostly illogical. on average, a pretty dumb animal given what we are capable of.

i think that the indoor record should be the only one anyone pays attention to even though these types of places are so rare and i doubt there's even one place that can accommodate every throwers needs.

so what is the indoor record?

here it says Dan Berman has the record at 143.56 meters (470.9 feet). what disc was it?

Last edited:
i think that the indoor record should be the only one anyone pays attention to

i'd even take this a step further and call the current outdoor distances as fake because they do not show proper and realistic results.

think of it like this; you're standing in a flat field with no wind, you turn to your bud, "hey, you said you could throw 420', well, show me". your bud says, "dude, i wish i could but there's no wind".

really?... is this where we are right now?

if you're going to include a heavy wind, why not a slight downward slope since there was no flat area around. if your include that why not a heavy downward slope.

my best throw is 345' in a flat field with no wind, but i threw 500' once off of a huge downhill hole (#14 at Deis). you just have to ask yourself where you would draw the line.

btw, i never say i can throw 500', i only report my flat field with no wind results.

Latest posts