• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New from SW Michigan

raggydoo

Hi all,

Been lurking here for a bit, thought I'd introduce myself. My son got me started this summer and I got addicted even though I'm not very good. Now he's off to college so I've mostly been going out by myself. Sad to see summer coming to an end.

Seems like a great forum with a lot of good info.

Thanks

welcome from grand rapids :)

I had been on here as well for a good deal of time, lost my original login info and had to recreate a new account.

Good to see more fellow Michiganders here

Been reading these threads for awhile and seen you Michiganders tonight and decided to sign up my self!! Suffered bad work accident month and a half ago neck surgery and the whole nine yards!! Hoping to be back out throwing by fall!! Love the game miss the game!! the guy from annarbor we probabaly have cross paths at a few courses! Hudson Mills,The gulch, Independence lake, Rolling Hills,Kensington, Etc. Can't wait to get healed up enough to get back out

Welcome to DGCR from a fellow SW Michigander. We are lucky to have so many great courses in our area. Glad you decided to join & post, enjoy the site and have fun playing!

Welcome and enjoy! You've got some fun courses in SW Michigan, need to get out here a bit more myself.

NW IN here...whereabouts you located? Home course(s)?

Welcome from Upper Michigan Raggydoo!
rule # 1....have fun!!!

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone. I'm from Allegan but work in Kalamazoo so I usually play the Kalamazoo or Holland area courses. There is a small 9 hole course in Plainwell I go to sometimes just to get a quick round in after work.

Thanks again.

Allegan, eh???

I'm actually in Allegan for dg quite a bit ...might be willing to meet up for a round sometime or another! :)

Have you tried Shore Acres yet?

Allegan, eh???

I'm actually in Allegan for dg quite a bit ...might be willing to meet up for a round sometime or another! :)

Have you tried Shore Acres yet?

Haven't had a chance to play Shore Acres yet, definitely on my to play list.

If you're in Allegan, then Spinski's (near Hopkins) might be close to you. We have a league night on Thursdays - $5. Last tee by 6pm. Only a few league nights left though.

Sorry for thread drift, but (@The Shide) is bizarbies aka Miguel T. still active in the scene around there?

I live in Otsego we are super close that macatwa green space is really good in Holland oshtemo and Robert Morris are good in kalamazoo that plainwell course is a good course to practice on

I live in Holland and play as much as I can but I'm just a noob so I'm nothing special. Hit me up for a round sometime. Just signed up here today!

If you work in Kalamazoo and can get in a round you need to check out a few places. Oshtemo is good, but Cold Brook Park is one of my favorites, its right down the road from me when I get out of work, so it would be a couple exits down the road depending on where you work in Kalamazoo.

Exit 92 off I-94 and you hang a left and keep on that road, it will curve and keep on the curve, then the disc golf course is on the right side, you will turn into a drive on the right and then you have to get a pass for 5 bucks but it is well worth playing. Best course I can think of all around good, its in Kalamazoo County so if you haven't checked it out, you definitely should sometime.

Heck I would meet you there and play a round. I usually get in 18 holes after work its a 24 hole course though.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=438