• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Illinois Courses 2011

Fairfield was a hot mess the last time I saw it. A lot of construction going on there. Any improvements there would be great!

The Lake County Forest Preserve is still working on the path. It is still under construction but the path is asphalt now. It should be completed by the end of summer.

Frank Grimes mentioned a possibility but wasn't sure if it was going to happen so I didn't put it on the list.

Well, since I'm living in Minooka, I'll keep my ear open for details.

What are the holes looking like at Marengo? Does it have a good mix of distance? I liked Black Bear because of the woods, but all the holes are so short that it never really gets too challenging and I finish the round just craving to crush a disc with nowhere to throw.

tough to say. to me it feels like a northern wisconsin type course. techincal fairways open and wooded. the wooded holes are very technical while providing a few different lanes but demanding on placement. the holes that are short arent all that easy. you have to hit your line and the baskets are generally guarded with small ace windows. the open holes play mostly through tall/old trees and bushes. kinda reminds a bit of anna page, ewing, and dretzka. there are true par 4s and maybe a 5 (its not that easy to get to the basket in 3 shots for a good looking putt for 4). but i wont elaborate on the hole cause i think that will end up the signature hole or the biggest score wrecker.
land wise, its very wooded and not much for true open space. there are rolling hills and a draw/creek through the woods. the few times ive been there it doesnt seem like theres alot of traffic.

Sounds good, as long as there are some holes to open up on between the tight wooded holes then I'll be happy. Technical is good. We don't have enough of those around here.

Last edited:
i think its only like 6-8 wooded holes. and there will be lots of chance to throw for D

Timing is everything...I used to drive through Marengo every day on the way to work. Just nine years too early, I guess. :(

On the plus side, all the new course keep me out of my mother-in-laws house when I'm back up there. :thmbup:

I got a chance to play the Pontiac course on Friday. The baskets are in but they are awaiting the installation of tee pads and signs. Once those are done they plan on adding them to the site.

It's a pretty flat course with large trees scattered throughought. The river comes into play on several holes. Hole #10 and #18 are really good holes.

Latest posts