• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Layout at Harry Myers Rockwall TX

John, I live in the area and have played with several people who are pretty plugged in to the local scene that say that the course was redesigned without you having been there and actually walking the course. Could you comment on this?

Gotta love disc golf rumors. This one is almost Hall of Fame quality

Other than the 80-100 hours that I spent on site, and the 20+ hours off site, this rumor is absolutely, 100%, completely true.

I can assure that the parks guys cursed every time they saw me coming. We joked about it, and they would always say, "We're going to be done after today, right?" And the answer was always "Nope, sorry, see you soon." Truth is that they were amazing. And still are. Work continues.

That's what I figured; good to hear. I hope to get over there sometime in the next week and try the new course first-hand.

I appreciate the response and will be sure to correct this story if I hear it again.

Last edited:
I believe the old course was laid out lot better than what is there now.......first view holes are crammed together and now you have to wait for people to get out of the way before teeing off and they are not even on the hole you are playing, you need to keep looking for Disc so you don't get hit in the head.

Gotta love disc golf rumors. This one is almost Hall of Fame quality

Other than the 80-100 hours that I spent on site, and the 20+ hours off site, this rumor is absolutely, 100%, completely true.

I can assure that the parks guys cursed every time they saw me coming. We joked about it, and they would always say, "We're going to be done after today, right?" And the answer was always "Nope, sorry, see you soon." Truth is that they were amazing. And still are. Work continues.

I can attest that John was on site and walking the course with range finder and tablet in hand several times. He even texted my number on a few discs that I had lost to let me know he turned them in to the parks dept so I could pick them up.

I believe the old course was laid out lot better than what is there now.......first view holes are crammed together and now you have to wait for people to get out of the way before teeing off and they are not even on the hole you are playing, you need to keep looking for Disc so you don't get hit in the head.

I can agree with this actually. Hole 1 and 2 I think are fine, it's 3,4,5 that are gonna create some bottlenecks. I'm playing the A tier this weekend there and will report back what happens.

I can attest that John was on site and walking the course with range finder and tablet in hand several times. He even texted my number on a few discs that I had lost to let me know he turned them in to the parks dept so I could pick them up.

Mark, are you serious? That was you -- who knew?

Andy and the parks crew are doing a lot of work at the park today, branches getting trimmed, mulch getting laid, trees getting planted (was actually kind of neat watching them plant a cedar at 5's teepad, that truck is a beast).

First time for everything, I reckon. But these are not the Ashe Junipers we all know and don't love in central Texas.

These are Eastern Red cedars, I believe. And they definitely serve a purpose.

The course lost a lot of trees during the droughts since it was first installed. The cedars endure the changing North Texas weather really well.

Losing the big tree at the bottom of the gully on old #2 is probably why we lost that hole. It prevented drives from going left to the sidewalk. You can't really replace a tree that was over 40 feet tall.

Change is going to happen. I'm glad they're planting the trees.

Latest posts