• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New mold vulcan?

Syko

Ive had a few vulcans, not really that into them but my brother got one for me for christmas and it is by no means the same disc in any way shape or form. I have yet to throw it, going to in about an hour or so. I compared it to a vulcan i bought about 6 months ago and the lips look the same if i turn one of them upside down. My first guess before i throw the new vulcan is overstable, it reminds me of a sharper wider firebird rim or something.
406559_330522463633166_100000262453754_1282172_986656957_n.jpg

Any ideas on whats up with this?

Last edited:
I would never believe that was the same mold, nowhere close!! I threw a Pro Vulcan for a short time. Got a GL Bolt recently & it's much better in my opinion. Seems more predictable in the turn & fade & the rim feels much more comfortable. Just my thoughts. But yea, those look WAY different!!

Could be that you got one of the infamous "destrulcans".
I believe that they are a destroyer top plate and vulcan bottom.
Maybe one of the "experts" will chime in...

I'm no expert, but the disc on right is definitely not a Vulcan, the Vulcan bottom is almost flat like the disc on the left.
What are the markings on the bottom?

I'm no expert, but the disc on right is definitely not a Vulcan, the Vulcan bottom is almost flat like the disc on the left.
What are the markings on the bottom?

The one on the LEFT is a Vulcan, mine is identical to the pic.
Not sure what the one on the right is, but it has a bottom plate that closely resembles a destroyer.

Where are the experts???

destrulcans have the vulcan top, you mixed it up :)

i have no idea what to say, other then they are definitely not the same disc.

Looks a lot like the wing of a Katana, which would make sense for Innova to want to play doctor with.
Pulled this off Altitude's site
a207919131672b618e1019_m.jpg

edit: Still no word on how it flies, or what the marking on the bottom says?

Last edited:
had a chance to throw it 3 times before work. most overstable disc ive ever thrown. it starts fading the instant it comes out of my hand. my 180g opto XXX is less overstable than this thing. i couldnt get it over 200ft.
took out a few discs and compared them side by side, looks nothing like any high speed disc i have. boss, nuke os, katana, destroyer, xcal and wraith. but when i flip it upside down it looks almost the same as my vulcan. kind of maes me think someone at innova wanted to see what would happen if they molded a disc upside down

That helps alot...(the emoticon I mean).
So what is it you who have 9+ years playin'...:confused:

not quite enough information just from that pic, if i could feel it i could tell you.

OP, is that a bead on the bottom i think i see in the picture? also, does the bottom of the very outside of the rim curl back under a little back towards the middle of the disc? (subtle, but if you dont know what im talking about already you should hopefully)