• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

new practice technique???

podunk pete

Banned
With the horrible weather as of lately, actual DG has barely been possible....so I have been just carrying discs around my house to feel like I am playing(yes Im serious).....the other day I had my putter and I laid on my back and putted straight up, I definately couldn't get the full body motion, but felt like I was getting full arm movement, the ceiling is 13 or 14 ft??..it wasn't too challenging to putt it that high, but again it felt like realistic arm movement for a push or spin putting style, not for a swing putt though. Anyone else ever heard of this .....try it out.....whats your opinion on this as a practice techniqu?, Do you think this could cause bad form/technique?

I actually tried it, feels very strange to me as I really use weight transfer when I'm putting and not much arm. I guess it would depend on your putting style.

Towel trick, putt at trees, watch videos. Also not bad if you have some type of cardio and weight training workout.

I just don't really see how putting on your back is going to help you...you will never putt from your back on the course, and if you do....you got bigger problems than technique.

It could be useful for a clean and accurate release, but I think it would be difficult to transpose any benefit to actual putting; its just too unnatural since you have to condense much of your normal movement into the single vertical plane.

With the horrible weather as of lately, actual DG has barely been possible....so I have been just carrying discs around my house to feel like I am playing(yes Im serious)
I do this too. I have to look at my discs and hold them all the time... Kinda goofy. I have a basket though, and I would suggest you get one/make one as well.

I think Im going to agree that this is not really going to get me any actual "putting practice"....but it passes time on a rainy day.....thanks for the feedback..it is much appreciated!

maybe find a stool or chair or wall to putt at while you're standing up. or play catch with someone. seems that would more closely simulate real putting.

Since my wife has left me, I've been taking my putters to bed. Nothing sexual, more like a "blankee" type thing. I carry them around the house and scare the cats by putting at certain targets. I cleared a putting path in my cluttered basement and set up my traveler basket. Am I nuts or what?

Yes. And sad. Get rid of the cats. Get a dog and a new, younger hot chick.

Love dogs. Used to have 4 of them until they passed on, the last one in 2008. Cats make nice pets since they are so low maintenance. You can leave cats at home for days as long as their needs are met. Of course the furniture maybe shredded upon your return.

It rained here all day. I went out to the garage and putted on the practice basket for a little while. You could also get a mini basket and play in the house.

i believe what you have is called "Cabin Fever"
Movie_poster_cabin_fever.jpg

what a bad movie