• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Rit Formula = No Dying Discs

Based on the interest level, I will be ordering at least 2 lbs. each of black, neon yellow, and neon pink. Go ahead and PM your address along with the quantity you want of each. I will compile the requests and order based on that (will probably order some extra as well to have as backup for myself and anyone else who may later want some). It sounded like RIT was going to throw some fuschia in for free if I ordered so I may be able to send some of that out as well.

Here is the updated dye effectiveness summary. The top section of the file lists the batches that have been tested. The bottom section just lists recent batches that have been purchased indicating if they were stamped as ND which is supposed to represent the new formula. I thought the bottom section would be helpful since the stamps on the powder packaging can be very difficult to read to see if they are stamped ND.

If anyone wants the file in a different format or posted as an image here, just let me know.

Dye Effectiveness Summary Spreadsheet

good god...I'd contribute...but I REALLY don't feel like going through 20 boxes of RIT powder again...maybe one night when I'm REALLY bored.

And yes, I have 20 boxes of RIT powder. And a few bottles of liquid. There MIGHT be 13 more boxes on the way to my house...maybe...

Can someone take a picture of where the batch number is on a packet of powdered rit. I looked last night and couldn't find one on the package last night.

Can someone take a picture of where the batch number is on a packet of powdered rit. I looked last night and couldn't find one on the package last night.

There is a pretty faint impression (not printed) on the bottom of the box.

I'm also in for some black, neons, and whatever else you get your hands on that works!

There is a pretty faint impression (not printed) on the bottom of the box.

I'm also in for some black, neons, and whatever else you get your hands on that works!

I am getting black, neon yellow, and neon pink. What quantity of each do you want (2oz increments please)?

Can I get the address to Rit?

I am just getting into the dye world and do not want to cut into the supply that maansmit has ordered but would like to order some myself.

Thanks

Are you ordering a pound or packet per color? I would recommend hitting up a local store like walmart, Joann, michaels to buy unless you are buying a lot. A pound is equal to about 14 packets which will last you a long time since you can reuse each batch multiple times. I haven't been dyeing long and am far from an expert.

Dye lasts a long time. 32 oz jars are great for storing it.
I've been dying about a year and I'm still on my first packet of most colors. Eventually my black and red were taking too long to dye so I mixed in another box, and they're extremely potent now.
Extensive use of marbling, spin dye, airbrush, etc techniques will use up dye quicker.

Dye lasts a long time. 32 oz jars are great for storing it.
I've been dying about a year and I'm still on my first packet of most colors. Eventually my black and red were taking too long to dye so I mixed in another box, and they're extremely potent now.
Extensive use of marbling, spin dye, airbrush, etc techniques will use up dye quicker.

This. Straight dip dyes will keep (as long as you don't put acetone or other solvents in with it) for a long time, and can just have powder added as needed.

Dyes with added thickeners or solvents for other techniques break down faster or don't last as long. And if you don't have a handy supply of squeeze bottles and stuff to keep 'em in, then you just gotta dump 'em when finished.

I've been using my 1st bottle of liquid rit(lot #22410), still have 3.5 oz unmixed and 20oz in a mason jar. I use a pyrex pie plate as a dye pot, 16oz is all I need at a time.

Navy Blue is out

Navy Blue (powder form) 07411 does not dye. Package is not marked "ND"...but it don't work.

Can we get an updated screen shot of the spreadsheet?

I went to see my girl today in Panama City and cleaned out Joann's of 4 liquid black 2 liquid scarlet 1 yellow and 1 sunshine orange, and I got 2 liquid fuschia and 1 liquid royal blue from the local joann's in fort walton. Then 2 boxes of power mauve from AC Moore on clearance. Everything is without the "ND" so hopefully we will be ok. I will let yall know the results.

Has anyone tryed this stuff. I picked it up at Walmart around $2

DSC03024.jpg

Latest posts