• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to the board?

My name is Josh, and I am from Maine. Just started playing last fall, probably have 60 rounds or so under my belt so far. Pretty much addicted now, haha. I have been living on this website lately. The wealth of info here is astounding. Trying to work on fundamentals now, but I have read everything from Snap to socks haha....great site!

phreak said:
Awesome! I only personally know 1 so far, Dave Eilers. I'm wondering if he's on here.

I know Dave's on PDGA.com (listen2bob). You might know me, and if not, I too know Dave (we've had some epic battles in the ADV division). Anyway, welcome to the board.

My name is David
I am 27 and have been playing since I was 15, daily for about half those years.
I just had major shoulder surgery and am trying to rebuild my game from scratch
I live in Mobile Al so I have a lot of courses to F around on.
I am also addicted to message boards so I may be here a lot.

My name is Will
I am 23 years old, been playing disc golf for 2 years
Just this winter I decided to learn to throw correctly instead my old painful throw
I am from Hickory NC but go to school in Raleigh
I know there are several Raleigh area disc golfers on here so if any of them feel up to some field work or a round with a guy trying to put his throw together from scratch, hit me up. BTW, I consider my home course in Raleigh to be Kentwood, just due to its proximity.

warobert said:
My name is Will
I am 23 years old, been playing disc golf for 2 years
Just this winter I decided to learn to throw correctly instead my old painful throw
I am from Hickory NC but go to school in Raleigh
I know there are several Raleigh area disc golfers on here so if any of them feel up to some field work or a round with a guy trying to put his throw together from scratch, hit me up. BTW, I consider my home course in Raleigh to be Kentwood, just due to its proximity.

Come on over to the Raleigh boards to see what is going on in the area and if you get a chance, come out to Middle Creek sometime and get in on some Sat Singles.

Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.
New to this DG Mecca just sayin howdy

Frank Delicious said:
Oh, nothin much. Just trying to iron out some kinks in my game and I'm extremely happy to have ambled across this kick ass website
mobster said:
Beef Supreme, great name and great sig quote. Whereabouts in NE Ohio are you?
Thank you sir for the props :D I reside in a little swamphole by the name of Kinsman, roughly 30 miles north of youngstown. I haunt Lake Shore Park, Youngs Run, Pymatuning St. Park, and Moraine St. Park mostly but I do like to travel whenever possible

Hi guys. I'm new here. Been playing disc golf for 5 months (4 before winter, 1 since. I refuse to count the 4 months of sitting at home wishing it weren't snowing!) I have way too many discs for my skill level and I plan on buying more. Good to meet you all.

I've posted on the video critique, I'd appreciate everyone taking a few jabs at me!

http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=17366

My name is Justin. I live in northeast Indiana. Been playing since July '09. Looking for any info to improve my game and also pass on to the 5 friends who started playing in July as well.

Hello all,

I'm new to the board, though have been lurking for about 3 weeks. I have been playing disc golf for about 2 years and really enjoy the sport. I am in California and play on a variety of courses. I was forehand dominant till about 3 weeks ago and decided to throw backhand. Oooh my feels like im starting over at times :)

I just wanted to join up and thank you all for the great articles, disc reviews and advice.

CHEERS - Koffee

I'm new to the board, you may call me Scrambles. I play disc golf in the state of Wisconsin, and am working to improve my game. I'm a DGCR refugee, known as Robertbonson in the badlands.

"AK-47, the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherf****er in the room, accept no substitutes." -- Ordell Robbie, "Jackie Brown"

koffee said:
Hello all,

I'm new to the board, though have been lurking for about 3 weeks. I have been playing disc golf for about 2 years and really enjoy the sport. I am in California and play on a variety of courses. I was forehand dominant till about 3 weeks ago and decided to throw backhand. Oooh my feels like im starting over at times :)

I just wanted to join up and thank you all for the great articles, disc reviews and advice.

CHEERS - Koffee
where in Cali? im in the.......uh.....707

Hey guys im not really that new i got a DGR about a year ago. Ive been disc golfing for about 5 year off and on. My brother got me started.

Hey fellas new guy here. I have been reading and reading all of the crazy brain boggling posts about the analytical side of disc golf. LOVING IT!

I live in Northern California (530). I have been playing disc golf for about 10 years. Only 5years total if you count the LAME fact that I can't play 6 months out of the year due to blistering cold and tons of freaking snow.

I first learned about disc golf from a local school teacher who had built 4 12 hole courses back in the 80s. These were objective courses you know make it through the old car tire hanging on a low branch on that BIG pine tree down the fairway. What do you mean? What fairway? These are the desperate cries of new comers on our courses you want me to put what where? These courses were mainly designed for the big floater discs not a lot of long holes.

The courses were destroyed when the land owners logged the land so about 4 years ago a buddy and I made a couple more modern courses with more length still technical and a lot of fun. After playing more and more basket courses out of town I realize that the courses that I have learned to play on are WAY too generous in terms of the size of the target.

Examples are shoot through the two big trees (6 feet apart) or hit that tree, or that 4 foot tall stump, or through any of the 6 windows on the old rusted up model T ford. You get the picture.

So after playing mostly forehand and putting at crazy big targets I find myself to be a very accurate driver, pretty accurate approacher (with a driver wtf) and not so good putter due to never really being challenged.

After all of these years of playing I am absolutely fired up about disc golf all over again. You folks here at Disc golf review has inspired me to learn to throw bombing accurate backhands (yeah right) put with as many of the characteristics of a great putter that I can manage and make a course that challenges my putting.

So that's my story I would appologize for the long post but it is nothing compared to the novelistic analytical gigantic posts that I have continuously read through on this plentiful disc website. Glad to be a part of this community.

I am also a dgcr refugee, I found this site as soon as I started playing two years ago but never noticed that there were forums until a couple months ago. The amount of information found both on the main site and these forums is staggering. I appreciate all the work that blake and everyone else has put in over the years, this is by far the best DG resource on the internet.

Latest posts