• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New to the sport and site

E-Rawk

Hey everyone,

I live in a small town in Oklahoma. I'm lucky enough to have 2 small 9 hole courses within 15 minutes of my house. I have been playing for about a month now. My wife and I bought a couple of starter sets at a local disc golf store, She picked an MVP set and I grabbed a Latitude 64 Misprint set. We also picked up an Innova starter set and then assembled another set of our own for some friends to tag along with us. Here's our admittedly very mixed bag of discs so far:

L64 Misprints:
Opto Line Riot
Opto Line Compass
(Super Super Soft) Pure

MVP starter:
Neutron Servo
Proton Tangent
(No Clue) Anode

Innova Starter set:
DX Leopard
DX Shark
DX Aviar

Mixed set:
DX Teebird
DX Stingray
Prime Judge

I'm attending a Prodiscus 2 disc Challenge this afternoon and am curious what discs you guys think I should check out from them. Since neither one of us are throwing more than about 150-200ft on a really good throw are there any specific drivers and mids from the Prodiscus line that you'd recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
If you are only throwing 150-200ft focus on mid ranges and putters. You don't have the power yet to properly throw a driver. The slower discs will be better for you until you can improve your form and distance.

Thanks Kenjiac, that's where I was landing after doing a bunch of reading this last week. My best throw with the Riot has been about 250, however its definitely not consistent. The Teebird and Leopard are far more consistent for me at about 200 to 225. Often times I'll duff a shot with the Riot and then try again with either of the Innova drivers and make a much better throw.

Welcome! Prodiscus makes the Jokeri, a great OS putter but be aware that it is probably too OS for your arm at the moment. Still, nice to have a utility/approach disc that is pretty OS, especially for Oklahoma winds. I've also thrown the Prodiscus Sparta, a slightly OS putter but you already have a Judge, which is my favorite putter, so you probably don't need the Sparta.

i too recommend nothing faster than a Leopard. mids are your friend! good luck and have fun.

Welcome from Oklahoma! This is my favorite time of year to play DG in OK, just watch for ticks!

Don't forget to throw that Pure, Anode, and Aviar. Putters can feel kinda funny when you throw them, but all 3 of those should be decent throwers. The Pure, especially, feels a bit more like a mid than a putter anyway.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I've played twice this week and with weather moving in today it looks like I won't be getting out for any more until next week. I played the 2 disc challenge in some serious wind on Monday afternoon. The guys from Prodiscus made some good recommendations for me. I wound up throwing their Respecti in what I believe is their Premium Plastic and a Jokeri in their Basic Plastic. With those two, I chose my Prime Judge for a putter during that round. I don't feel like I did too horribly considering the wind, however it was definitely a learning experience. I was pretty accurate on my upshots with the Jokeri, which surprised me because my upshots have been terrible lately.

armiller, I LOVE the Pure on calm days for putts. Its so soft it just grabs the chains. As for the Anode, I'm not a big fan of the MVP overmolded discs. They feel weird to me. I do like the Aviar though, especially for approach shots. You're definitely right about the ticks! They are already out and about.