• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Newly created golf pull cart

Lubbock Jason

Bogey Member
So I broke down yesterday and created my own pull cart creation. The bottom is a bucket from academy that has a seat and a cooler inside of it. I still have to create a bracket mounting system for it. On the top I have a hook for the bag to hang from and then a bungee cord going from the bag to the frame, so that the bag doesn't swing. The other thing that needs to be done is to cut off the middle section, where the golf bag would get strapped in, so that it doesn't poke you in your back while sitting on the bucket.

The total cost was $25 ($15 for the bucket and $10 for the cart on craigslist).

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have thought about putting the bag on top of the seat, but I don't want to have to move it every time I may want to sit down. Plus if I add anything else to the frame, to hold the bag on top of the frame, but then the whole thing would not be able to fold up nicely.

Last edited:
I have thought about putting the bag on top of the seat, but I don't want to have to move it every time I may want to sit down. Plus if I add anything else to the frame, to hold the bag on top of the frame, but then the whole thing would not be able to fold up nicely.

Good point, maybe some sort of swivel apparatus would work though, something you could just nudge the bag and it would swing around to the back so you could sit.

How about you put a belt around the seat, and hold your bag to the side of the bucket, like a holster type deal. then you can still sit down and your discs will be right at your side.. that's what i would do.

How about you put a belt around the seat, and hold your bag to the side of the bucket, like a holster type deal. then you can still sit down and your discs will be right at your side.. that's what i would do.

That would work, but I hate bending down to get into the bag. :(

FMjopl.jpg

NBR9Dl.jpg

bvZyCl.jpg

Ceeyul.jpg

Here's my rig. Pardon the mess... got a couple toddlers.

It's a mid 60s Bag Boy. Found it at a garage sale for $10. Bought a couple clips for $2 each. Everything else is from stuff around the house.

Vintage carts seem better because they're built more sturdy and they have more nooks and crannies to hook stuff on.

A stool hooks across the top above the bag and an umbrella goes in the back.

When I go to field, I put another bag on top that holds about 30 discs, and smaller bag in back that holds another 15. That's a good 60 discs.

I'd like to rig up a cooler on the bottom.

Does anyone else have any ideas of how to create a stand that would go above the seat and that it could swivel out of the way for when I would want to sit down

Sorry, not from me. But, if you have a local small hardware store I'd go tell them what your doing. Them "Old School" guys would figure something out. Atleast a better chance than going to a Lowes/Home Depot.
Another question....any place for a BIG umbrella?

Here are some pics of my updated cart. The bucket has been attached using an L bracket at the bottom then screwed threw the handle and the frame at the top (a lot of washers were used for support). Then at the top I installed a flagpole holder to be able to hold my umbrella. The real work in this was modifying my umbrella handle, with pvc pipes, to fit securely into the holder. I also installed a hook at the top to hold my bag. The bag also has a bungee cord going around the frame so that It will not swing around. This also transfers the weight of the bag to the lower frame and not where the hook is.

The first pic is with out the umbrella, the second pic is with the umbrella attached, and the third pic is with the cart at an angle (like if it was being pulled)

Attachments

• New cart.jpg
    New cart.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 102
  • New cart 2.jpg
    New cart 2.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 76
  • New cart 3.jpg
    New cart 3.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 87