• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade Carts

C8XCIoLV0AAreTX.jpg:small

I've been working on a cart recently. Made it out of an old bicycle trailer my kids have outgrown long ago.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20170324_193417.jpg
    IMG_20170324_193417.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_20170401_132930.jpg
    IMG_20170401_132930.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_20170401_133042.jpg
    IMG_20170401_133042.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

Man, that one in the foreground looks awesome.
Now if only it had a seat. Is the Yeti hard sided so you could sit on it? A

Although I have a Zuca and love it, there is just something about these high quality homemade carts.

One of my favorites I have seen in person was an old baby stroller rigged so that the owner could sit it almost like a lounge chair or just an extremely big baby (he made quite a few modifications). Probably a little more weight than it was meant for, but since he would only be in it when not moving, not a big deal.

No, can't sit on that cooler, but I would never sit during a round anyway. We don't have waits at tees here.

The weight limit on the slides is 100 lbs. I thought about putting a fold-down seat on the front of the cart, but neither of us would use it.

Thanks Doof, it's been a fun project. Now I just need to take it apart and paint it.

I'm kind of sad that you didn't make it look like the ass end of a Type III Squareback...

It does look nice though. Are you thinking about doing anything to keep the discs from rattling around and making a bunch of noise while you're on the move?

Last edited:
I'm kind of sad that you didn't make it look like the ass end of a Type III Squareback...

It does look nice though. Are you thinking about doing anything to keep the discs from rattling around and making a bunch of noise while you're on the move?

Thanks, that gave me good laugh!

The discs are resting on two PVC pipes with pipe insulation on them. Hopefully they'll stay put.