• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Night Time DG?

Just played 18 holes of GLOW League last night!

Big fan of the LED's as they light up really well and they work great on Champion/Z/Opto type plastic. Also scored a couple of LED UV blacklight flashlights that worked very well. I think I would prefer to throw straight up Glow discs as those LED's can almost be too bright when you are throwing, practically blind yourself on the throw. But the LED's are so much easier to locate after the throw.

Just avoid any normal "white" light sources as those kill your night vision. I had an extra blacklight flashlight and stuck a carabiner on it and used that on the basket. We had no problems at all with night vision and UV lights.

if your anywhere near the STL area hit up CRYSTAL CITY UNDERGROUND in Festus, MO.. DISC GOLF IN A CAVE ANYTIME OF DAY!! (well when their open anyways lol)

They have led lights and tape that are pretty sweet that last forever I left my lights on about 4 of my discs and they still work fine and have not come off yet and it's been about 3 months!

is there any course that's lit up during the evening?

North Las Vegas Disc Golf Park and par 3 golf course has lights and is one of my favorite activities in Las Vegas.

Other courses in the area are objectively better, but playing under the lights is pretty stinking cool. I'm sure there are others but that's the main one I've played.

Would love to make a permanent glow course at a local Campground.

Our club has an event every year, but we add glow to chains for the weekend.

Course primarily for campers and locals, but perma-glow would kick it up a notch. Big challenge is course is mostly wooded so solar won't work so well.

is there any course that's lit up during the evening?
Creeping Creek has solar lights on baskets and tees.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3841.jpg
    IMG_3841.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 68
I wonder how many courses have permanent lights setup now? I am fortunate to live 7 minutes from a course that does. It is very nice for summertime when it is so hot here in Texas. The lights aren't perfect, and it is certainly easier to lose a disc in the trees... (though a couple of times I've been able to come out the next day and easily find it in the daylight) but it is so nice to have the option.

It would be cool to add them here in this thread.

Briscoe Park
Alvin, Texas