• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NJ/Philadelphia area

Beable

Double Eagle Member
I'll be heading to my parents' homes for the holidays (Dec 25-31), which are in NJ near Philadelphia.

I'd like to take a day in that time to do a disc golf trip....thinking Nockamixon and maybe one other course in that area. I'm going to try to make it to Sedgeley Woods also at some point during the week.

Any other ideas or people who would be able to meet up for a round?

if you are only doing one day trip, i'd do nocky and little lehigh. that would be a nice balance of wooded and open. definitely hit up sedgley. too bad you are leaving on the 31st, there is always a sick tourney at sedgley on new year's day.

Thanks for the info. I just estimated our end time...not sure what we're doing really.

I'm off Thursday and Friday before new yrs. I'd do up some nocki or jordan

Whenever I went to NJ over the Summer, I went to Tyler State Park in Newton, PA. Not too far of a drive, and it is a top 10 course in the nation. Not sure where your staying, but I would definately look into it.

Playing Nock early on New Year's Day if your alive.

OP - Where in NJ, could help us pick some spots out...

It is Woodbury, NJ. Minutes from Philly. I've played Iron Hill and a couple other courses in Delaware, and Tyler many times. Never made it to Nockamixon because it is kinda far.

If you've never been, go throw Nockamixon and then either Jordan, Parkway or Tinicum, depending on what looks more suitable to your game. Throw Nocky first.

I could maybe meet up for a round, keep this thread updated with where you're at, I'll let ya know.

Last edited:

Cool, I will plan on doing my day trip on Thursday the 29th then. What time would be OK for you at Nockamixon? Would around 9 AM be OK?

if you are only doing one day trip, i'd do nocky and little lehigh. that would be a nice balance of wooded and open. definitely hit up sedgley. too bad you are leaving on the 31st, there is always a sick tourney at sedgley on new year's day.

Is there a link for this somewhere? I don't see it on the http://sedgleywoods.wordpress.com/ site. What time, how long, cost, etc?

re: Sedgley on NYD
Sunday New Years Day
1/1/2012, 12p, $5...1 rd from blue. it will be very crowded!

I don't run that webpage but I did just update it.

Looks like it will be a cold one tomorrow, but I'll be trying to hit Nockamixon around 9 AM. Then maybe another course in the area in the early afternoon.

My brother and I played most of Sedgeley the other day and it was a pretty cool course. Saw Kwick there.

We just cleared and installed the long basket for hole 13 at nocky tonight. Your gonna be the first to see and play it in daylight. Wear waterproof it's a wet cold mess in spots

We just cleared and installed the long basket for hole 13 at nocky tonight. Your gonna be the first to see and play it in daylight. Wear waterproof it's a wet cold mess in spots

Intriguing. Will have to check this out on our early New Year's round...

Latest posts