• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

No Limits on Disc Design

BYOP would have a different meaning. One partner launching the disc and the other partner has the controls to alter the flight.

Remote controlled discs?
Then it would basically just become drone racing. :\

What about mini discs like the ones that discraft makes? Having those legal for competition would make gaps seem so much bigger and tight windows a thing of the past.

You say ring, I say disc with a hole........FINE, no rings.

I will go with anti gravitational discs and black holes. BOMB!!

I will throw SOOOO far, it will tear a hole in the space/time continuum. Hey, when my disc gets to the future, it will have a note telling someone to throw it back, but telling us what size baskets we will be using!! :thmbup:

The Aerobie Ring flies pretty far.

Several years ago, I was playing a local pitch and putt and there was a family playing a round with Rings. All four of them had one. Dad was carrying a stick with a hook on the end for getting the Rings out of trees. I can't imagine golfing with a Ring to be much fun but they seemed happy enough.

Several years ago, I was playing a local pitch and putt and there was a family playing a round with Rings. All four of them had one. Dad was carrying a stick with a hook on the end for getting the Rings out of trees. I can't imagine golfing with a Ring to be much fun but they seemed happy enough.

I took a buddy out to play, years ago. He was really good with the Aerobie Ring. He could bomb with it, had the angle control figured out and could bend the thing to help shape lines. Approach and putting were a disaster. He had a good time and never golfed again.

You could basically use a rock to scramble out of a really bad lie in tight woods.

Can't use that. :)
It's not a disc, it's a ring.

He was talking about he Epic, which was a disc and could theoretically be bent to make it more over/understable. My recollection of it though was that it went straight to the ground no matter which way you bent it. That is unless you threw it as a thumber.

I think the biggest (practical) changes we would see are weights and stiffness. Perhaps different materials. Carbon fiber? Discs with metal inserts molded into the rim? Things along those lines. Rims will get huge, putters will get heavy!

If there were no limits, just fly a drone into the basket.

Fingerprint activated discs, that won't work for other people... that way "finders, keeper" types gave zero incentive to keep that perfectly seasoned disc you lost/ they found.

Would likely generate more texts/callbacks.

Said tech must infallible in crap weather.
Last thing you want is the error message, "Fingerprint not Recognized" during a tourney.:\

Last edited:
Somehow have the spikes on the disc only come out after the throw. Like a little mechanical switch that you can activate or deactivate.

Would be interesting to see if something could be built so that you can alter the state of flight at anytime throughout the flight path. Like you can manually make some air flaps open up to slow a disc or make it more OS or something.

You could possibly have some sort of slot in the rim with a tension band that was right enough to only allow them to extend at speed.

Latest posts