• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] No more ESP Zones? T or F?

depending on the pro-d they can be beat to dead straight adn even a nice turning disc that you don't every have to worry abotu flipping on you (well, unless you screw up the throw that is ;) ) :D

good info overall, thanks. just started throwing these replacing the drone. esp is FN bulletproof.

in reference to the quote, i always thought it was funny that roc cycle-ers, didnt just also have dx banshees they cycle and maybe destroyers as a next step. am i off based in saying you can take any OS baseline and cycle them till they leave your hand on the most hyzer of hyzers and immediately roll? i certainly dont think so.

thanks jk, yeah my backup esp zone is a pepto pink like you mentioned.. the one i have bagged i have been throwing for well over 2 years and still beefy.. now it just glides long before it meathooks lol

good info overall, thanks. just started throwing these replacing the drone. esp is FN bulletproof.

in reference to the quote, i always thought it was funny that roc cycle-ers, didnt just also have dx banshees they cycle and maybe destroyers as a next step. am i off based in saying you can take any OS baseline and cycle them till they leave your hand on the most hyzer of hyzers and immediately roll? i certainly dont think so.

"most" baseline plastics lose stability over time as the plastic scuffs/wears/changes shape. As far as a massively OS distance driver turning into a cut roller flip machine, definately not over night. I have seen wraiths, orc's (even a Pro Line orc I still have) that I could put out there on a 45* or more hyzer and still have it turning far right to target (aiming way left) and never fade back. Throw flat ... would definately be considered rollers. Now will my pro-d zone every be a "roller", not for a long time if ever, which is why I mentioned about not having to worry about it flipping on you (meaning it's still FAR from being a roller;) )

ian. - if it's really like mine ... that thing is going to be a TANK for you! ... LOL. I mean almost instant left turn out of your hand :p. Next time I'm in SC we'll have to meet at allterrain or something and you can bring it. I may get you another color and get that one from you. I've tried some other "pink" esp's and their not as OS as that pepto with the small white swirls in it. I do need a back-up to my "wolverine" :cool:

^^ oh yeah i have thrown it once or twice and she is BEEEFY.. but yeah its pink w/ white swirls.. its upper 160's and still a hoss .. yeah i have been trying to tinker around with my run up and form.. getting more d then before just have to get the timing and control down with it lil better.. but so far so good.. if i just stay commited and not switch back

"most" baseline plastics lose stability over time as the plastic scuffs/wears/changes shape. As far as a massively OS distance driver turning into a cut roller flip machine, definately not over night. I have seen wraiths, orc's (even a Pro Line orc I still have) that I could put out there on a 45* or more hyzer and still have it turning far right to target (aiming way left) and never fade back. Throw flat ... would definately be considered rollers. Now will my pro-d zone every be a "roller", not for a long time if ever, which is why I mentioned about not having to worry about it flipping on you (meaning it's still FAR from being a roller;) )

ian. - if it's really like mine ... that thing is going to be a TANK for you! ... LOL. I mean almost instant left turn out of your hand :p. Next time I'm in SC we'll have to meet at allterrain or something and you can bring it. I may get you another color and get that one from you. I've tried some other "pink" esp's and their not as OS as that pepto with the small white swirls in it. I do need a back-up to my "wolverine" :cool:

^^^There's only one man tough enough to rock the Pink and Purple!

Now will my pro-d zone every be a "roller", not for a long time if ever, which is why I mentioned about not having to worry about it flipping on you (meaning it's still FAR from being a roller;) )

thats sweet to hear. i feel pro d is the base of all baselines. the drone i had became pretty straight after 5 hits or so.
how many throws you got on your D, and hows the fade compare to new, or say esp like i have?

I've had both jake and my d zone def stays beefier longer than d drone. I think it's the concave.

^^ oh yeah i have thrown it once or twice and she is BEEEFY.. but yeah its pink w/ white swirls.. its upper 160's and still a hoss .. yeah i have been trying to tinker around with my run up and form.. getting more d then before just have to get the timing and control down with it lil better.. but so far so good.. if i just stay commited and not switch back

HAHA ... yeah disc commitment isn't your strong suit! "wolverine" is a 168 and definately beefy! let me know if you want me to bring you a mere mortal esp zone for yours ;) LOL

jdw80550 -- I call mine wolverine only becouse it had a wolverine dye on it when I got it.

Jake- I've thrown mine pretty consistantly for about a year now and it's pretty much a straight flier now. put it bit of hyzer on it and it'll hold throw it flat and it holds. put it out flat with some power on about a 280-300' shot and it's got about 15'-20' of turn on it then it flattens outwith little to no fade. Can still take a power hyzer line up and over something if needed but I'll normally pull out my soft Zzone for that and wolverine if I want to make sure theres no chance of the disc not coming back and making it all the way around the corner.

Menacewarf- agreed the rim on the zone is much thicker/beefer than the drone so there's more material that has to get beaten in/chewed up/worn away to straighten the disc out than on the drone. I think the flightplate on the zone is thicker as well (just judging by feel alone, no measurements were viewed in this statement and is pure speculation on my part :cool: )

HAHA ... yeah disc commitment isn't your strong suit! "wolverine" is a 168 and definately beefy! let me know if you want me to bring you a mere mortal esp zone for yours ;) LOL

jdw80550 -- I call mine wolverine only becouse it had a wolverine dye on it when I got it.

Yeah, I put the wloverine on. Wish the stamp had come off cleaner, but I'm glad shes being put to use! Its funny how some sticks just stick out in your mind.

Yeah, I put the wloverine on. Wish the stamp had come off cleaner, but I'm glad shes being put to use! Its funny how some sticks just stick out in your mind.

Yeah still my best PIF grabs have been zones. this one and the red Z zone I got are mainstays in the bag. if I get the other one from ian. I may have to look you up and have you put him on it too!!!

Just actually aced a 175ft hole with it and retired it.

Never will I understand this. You get to know a disc so well that you make an ace with it, and then bench it. I have some amazing drives with my seasoned Teebird that land right where I want them to. I'm not going to take it out of my bag because it performed up to and/or surpassed my expectations.

Never will I understand this. You get to know a disc so well that you make an ace with it, and then bench it. I have some amazing drives with my seasoned Teebird that land right where I want them to. I'm not going to take it out of my bag because it performed up to and/or surpassed my expectations.

Never looked at it that way.

Depending on who you are, some people don't want to lose an ace disc. After my ace discs begin to beat up too much, I retire them, but some ppl retire them early in fear of losing them. My best friend splashed his ONLY ace disc in a pond at Idlewild and was pretty upset about it. Depends on the person IMO

Latest posts