• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

Here's a nice and stupid question for ya. Is glow plastic it's own kinda plastic or is it just pro or dx with glow stuff in it. Does the glow make it moar or less understable? Does it affect it at all, aside from the glowing thing?

cold and age for sure... back in the 90's i saw someone break a newish cyclone in half tapping it on their leg to get snow out of it. rim configuration also is a contributing factor- stingrays for instance were always extra fragile...

which one was it? (and what are you doing hitting trees with my old discs??:doh::p)

My friend broke a DX Aviar putter the same way, just tapping a tree lightly to get the snow out of the rim. That was like 17 years ago and I still haven't let him forget it. ;) I do believe the old DX plastic is more fragile.

What does it mean when a disc is clovered? I've heard it before, and used to remember what it meant, and then forgot

Here's a nice and stupid question for ya. Is glow plastic it's own kinda plastic or is it just pro or dx with glow stuff in it. Does the glow make it moar or less understable? Does it affect it at all, aside from the glowing thing?
I'm pretty sure it's just DX or Champ with an additive, I don't think it affects it greatly although glow champ tends to be a little more gummy/flexible to me for some reason.
What does it mean when a disc is clovered? I've heard it before, and used to remember what it meant, and then forgot
That's the imprints on the flight plate caused by your thumb gripping the same place all the time. Sometimes a lot of Gateway's putters come out this way though b/c of the thin flight plate.
Finds new ways to throw tantrums and pout.
Don't forget coordinate his socks and shirts. ;)

That's the imprints on the flight plate caused by your thumb gripping the same place all the time. Sometimes a lot of Gateway's putters come out this way though b/c of the thin flight plate.

That describes my soft magnets. Thanks

I always heard that Climo hung drywall as his actual job. Feldberg teaches a class at Oregon I think.

His class is a disc golf class though. I went to one of his clinics and he kept referring to how he teaches his disc golf class at the University of Oregon.

His class is a disc golf class though. I went to one of his clinics and he kept referring to how he teaches his disc golf class at the University of Oregon.

I believe its a club class. I'm pretty sure Feldberg went to UO himself and always wanted to someone to play with there so he started a club on campus and teaches a "class" that isn't an actual class. Unless UO is the awesomest school ever and actually hired someone to teach DG...

But anyway all the kids there are spoiled players because he teaches them all a lot... but then they also buy a lot from him... its a cool trade though. I'm sure he loves having a consistant group of people to help out instead o a different group every week. Gets to see the results of his work instead of not knowing.

For the most part they do just add a glow element into DX and Champ materials but it changes the disc from other DX and Champ models. Which is BroD is right that they do tend to be a little more gummy but then Glow versions tend to be stiffer, not more flexible. They also tend to be more durable, more overstable (although some times not much more), and tend to hold their stability longer.

That is innova though... and maaaaybe gateway but I know little about their craziness in plastics.

I believe discraft though created 2 of their own types of Glow plastic that aren't as simple as adding glow material to already existing ones. Their less durable glow material holds up way better than Pro D and their glow Z style plastic tends to be rather different than regular Z... aside from the fact that it glows...

What does Reverse Pivot mean...sorry if this was already asked, I'm not reading 129 pages. :p

Hasn't been asked and for some reason I enjoy that you asked it. Reverse Pivot refers to when you pivot on your back foot as opposed to the front foot because you aren't properly achieving the weight transfer. So in the most basic sense it is pivoting on the back foot.

What does Reverse Pivot mean...sorry if this was already asked, I'm not reading 129 pages. :p

Hasn't been asked and for some reason I enjoy that you asked it. Reverse Pivot refers to when you pivot on your back foot as opposed to the front foot because you aren't properly achieving the weight transfer. So in the most basic sense it is pivoting on the back foot.

Let me try and explain that a little better. It has to do with improper weight transfer. If you are RHBH, it is when your weight fails to transfer forward towards your left foot and instead stays over your right foot (the one you use to pivot). If you are not propelled to walk forward off the teepad in the slightest after your follow through then there is a good chance that you are reverse pivoting. It is also much easier to reverse pivot when throwing an anhyzer than a hyzer.

Could I get an explination on the relationship between Rhynos and Tanks please. I tend to see them in close proximity to each other in forums.

Could I get an explination on the relationship between Rhynos and Tanks please. I tend to see them in close proximity to each other in forums.

Don't quote me, but I've held a tank and a rhyno side by side, and I *think* a tank is a no bead rhyno. they both have the thumbtrac, but the tank wasn't beaded, or at least it was super tiny

What does JK mean?

Just Kidding,

if you're referring to discs, its Juliana Korver, not sure if I spelled her last name right, but she was an innova pro, who I believe doesn't play anymore.

She had her own JK pro aviar, like a KC pro but softer I hear.