• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

my attention span won't let me do that. kudos to you :)

and welcome to DGCR and Disc Golf :hfive:

Yea it took some time but it had a lot of answers for questions that I had.

Thanks for the welcome. I wish I would have started playing more before the weather set in. We are getting a lot of snow and ice tonight out here.

Heres a question Frank,

How far does Blake T throw? I've read tons of throwing mechanics articles and stuff by him, but does he actually have good distance? or is he just some physics nerd who thinks about it a lot?

I have no idea. I know he used to be able to hit 380' or so but got a bad wrist injury (I think) and had to take a lot of time off. You should ask Beato since they hang a lot

Blake throws Rocs 350'-380' from a standstill. He and Beto do the stats for Joe's flight chart. Blake grew up with some pretty serious baseball training and was a 3 sport athlete in highschool or something. But after after a few injuries his ability for that changed. He was most focused in batting and learned all these minute changes in body motion and biomechanics. So that is why he understands all the stuff with hips, pivot foot, shoulder rotation. All he had to do was piece together some stuff with the elbow, wrist, and hand (snap). Which, I believe, after some phone time with Dave D it was figured out.

I believe dan tops teebirds around 480'-500'. Drivers I don't know how far now. Blake pretty much has to throw from a standstill/single step because of some knee and ankle injuries. Something about a hand injury keeping him from playing for a while. But that is probably okay with all the moving and other things he is doing in his personal time that leaves him some time to do phone consultation every once and while.

Frank, what are you're distance?

Thanks for clearing up what blake's distance is/was. I know he had some big injuries for a while that really hampered his distance.

I'm hanging at the little over 400' distance club and truthfully I've stopped working on max D lately and spent the past year or so working on line-shaping. This past year I've played 5 tourneys and took 2nd in 3 and 3rd in one (10th in the first one of the year) and I was up against some big throwers in all those tourneys. I've found out that once you reach about 400' or so, you can compete quite effectively in Adv on the east coast. The line shaping and putting has really let me increase my game over this past year way more than the year I focused on distance.

After getting more distance with my DX Leopard, what should I disc up to?

Dx Beast

Now for my questions oh great disc golf Carnac;

1) Why does Millenium not make a driver called a Falcon ? :doh:

2) Why does Innova put that silly yellow steel band around the top of thier baskets ?

I see your from GR, good to meet ya!!

Yep. Likewise.

I may change my signature to say DISCLAIMER: "the opinions and comments made by Dude on the bike do not necessarily reflect the views of other Grandrapids members"...

:hfive:

Its a prison for bad threads.

That "You Laugh, You Lose" thread is so bad its good. I lost early on and kept losing until it made me cry. Spent alot of time on it, though. Kinda like this thread...

I've spent the past two days reading this whole thread, and it's helpful for noobs or just anyone looking for more info to help their game. Thank you.

Explain the different flight paths of a tomahawk and a thumber

also why is it that an overstable is always recommended for this shot

How can I throw 500'?

Throw from the top of a real big hill! Seriously though, not to many of us can throw that far. Try for a more realistic distance, say 400'. Practice, practice, practice. Try finding a clinic put on by a local pro. Play with people better than you and learn how they do it. Watch videos of pros throwing and make sure you're using the right discs!

Good throws use the entire body, not just arm and torso. You DO have hips, learn how to flip them at the hit.

HEY FRANK. are there any other discs as touchy as the comet and aero <--- (NOT A TROLLING POST)

Latest posts