• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

That is the amount of times that Ken Climo won worlds at the time of the disc stamping. He has a line of discs called KC Pro discs that have his stamp on it. The way people identify them is by the world championship times stamped on the disc.

Well, the discs were only stamped after the time that KC won number whatever championship. So no more 10x's after he won #11, etc. 11x discs are often valued for their especially flat molds, and the quality of plastic is better for some of these older discs, or at least preferred by many people. Since his 12th win was in '06, 11x discs are already pretty old.
For reference: 1st-9th was 1990-1998, 10th was 2000, 11th was 2002, 12th was 2006.

Last edited:
Ghost Stamp

Is there any qualitative difference between a ghost stamped disc, and one that had the stamp removed?

I think ghost stamps are stamped without foil or ink, and it just leaves the stamp imprint in the disc

This thread is ridiculously long and full of a lot of good information.

I recently switched from a two finger to a one finger forehand grip and found that I now get the audible *snap* about half the time I throw forehand, when I could never get that with the two finger grip. Is this because the single finger grip is weaker so it is easier to accelerate the disc out of the grip? The switch also eliminated most of the OAT wobble from my forehand throws at full power.

I'm throwing a 172g Champion Eagle-X, and max out at 300-320'

Ben I know that some people throw the one finger because to them they can control it better, which IMO control is better the pure distance. To me two finger is used to get more distance. if you can control it better stick with it.

Thanks AirMcnair! Like I said i just switched and that max D was from the 18 holes I played at a new course, hopefully I can push the disc out farther the more I use the new grip.

I was also curious about the mini discs. I know that they are used to mark a disc's spot in a tournament, and I have read in another thread that people have not paid for their minis, so do they just get handed out like party favors or are they handed out to make sure everyone is able to follow PDGA rules?

A lot of times they are given out in the players pack at tournaments.

Most disc manufacturers will include them with tourney-stamped discs. I ordered 135 discs for my tournament and Innova included 50 minis automatically. I asked them for 50 more and they included them, no questions asked.

Okay, thanks for the info guys. I have yet to play in a tournament and I wasn't sure if I would need to buy one before or if I would get one at the tournament that I could use. Now I know!

If a drive goes out of bounds without ever touching the ground in bounds, does the thrower take a penalty stroke and re-tee?

If you could see it go over an in-bounds area, you mark it where it crossed the vertical plane of the ob line.

Latest posts