• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Noobie Question Thread (Dumb Questions answered here)

dumber question

Okay, when I look at a course (course info) is the "dgcr s se" lets say its 49 on right side the right and the "average par" above that is 60.... is 49 the course record or is that info available? course records is my question are they here?

Hi Oldmanplayin, we have similar background and experience listed, but I think I've got the answer you seek. Everyone else correct me if I've got this wrong, please.
DGCR usually doesn't list the course records, but some local club websites do.
SSE is similar to the SSA (scratch scoring average), but not exactly the same. It should give you a rough idea of the course's difficulty, but I'm not real sure if numbers less than 50 are going to play a little easier. I think SSE and SSA are pretty fair guesses as to what a 1000 rated player is supposed to shoot on a typical round there?
From that, you can judge your round. If a course has an SSE of 49, and a novice player (850 rating & under) shoots under 64, they're not doing too badly [ (1000-850)/10=15 strokes ].
I -almost- always shoot for a three or better on every hole, but it's not realistic to expect a three on Idlewild #15 (and #5, and #6, etc.)
Sorry for being too wordy, and not perfectly accurate, but one of the DGCR guys might give you more clarification...

Par doesn't matter, AT ALL... make every hole a par 72 if it makes you happy, total strokes are all that matters in disc golf, ball golf, or putt putt golf...

What is the difference between wasp tooled buzzz and a regular one???

What is the difference between a cal engraving disc and a regular one ???

Do many women play this game?

Honestly no, its 99.3% sausagefest. You wanna date, go to a club.
Zooming frisbees is the domain of men and dogs.

Not that any of us would mind if a bunch of hotties started chuckin'.

I remember this one girl that used to make little squeaks when she threw, like some of the tennis players do. Used to throw me off my game, I thought she was gettin' plowed like a farm field when I heard her from two fairways away.

I think its like chin ups, which is one thing women cant do nearly as good as men, it takes alot of pectoral strength, and thier fun bags get in the way, so they cant be bothered.

Damn! Now I gotta sell my discs, buy some yarn, use all my old RIT dye on it, and join a knitting club!

I seem to remember some cuties from my past that were into disc golf.
Oh well, I guess I should learn to play then find someone nice to teach.

Can anyone tell me what a beat DX Firebird and a beat DX Teebird fly like? Do they retain their High speed stability when broken in?

Latest posts