• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Now that harder wizards are nonexistent what are the alternatives.

DrewM

Bogey Member
The n,y similar option is a KC aviar. I am not a fan of the high shoulder of the disc or how they throw on approaches/drives.

Any recommendations on what a good alternative is?

A Classic Judge? They are pretty firm fresh. I haven't felt one that's been used a while, but they seem nice.

Nobody local has any. How do I determine what soft run came out hard when ordering online

Call the retailer up, and they'll guide you through.

Or, skip Dave's plastic shenanigans and buy a Neutron Ion, and don't look back. :p

A neutron Ion. Don't expect to grip it the same, but the familiarity is there.

Most soft wizards are fairly firm, but if you can't feel one locally you can buy one on the market place here, call up a retailer, email a retailer, email an ebay seller etc.

Or switch to a different disc. Personally I like to stick to what I know which is why I suggest a "soft" wizard.

easy solution is to call gateway and explain to them what you are looking for and they will probably be willing to go through their stacks and stacks of wizards and find what you are looking for, and normally give a good deal on multiples

Get a evo wiz, they have great grip an are pretty firm and will last years

These have been discussed in a few threads:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300891845255?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

"The Eraser Wizard-25 is a stiffer version of the regular Eraser wizard, The 25 stands for 25 lbs. of flex, which meets the PDGA technically standard for flexibility (27 lbs). No worries on these bad boys being to Stiff!!!"

Thanks for the link ill check them out. Do you know which threads they have been discussed in?. I didn't have any luck with the search bar.

Last edited:

Latest posts